Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC usage...

Options
  • 20-08-2009 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hey all,
    Just wondering can anyone tell me where/how (or even if I can) I check my broadband usage with my UPC...?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

Simple answer: Can't.

You could download software to monitor it, but that's not ideal, particularly if you're using more than one computer on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 chew-e

thanks for the reply...ya thats pretty sh*t so.
    As you said when the network has a few computers thats a pain...and unrealistic...it wouldnt be hard to them to provide this basic info to the customer - the obviously are measuring it if I have a 20GB limit...

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭iMADEtheBBC

20GB limit? I'm not aware of any cap on the amount of data you can download with UPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Its 20GB on the 3MB package, 10GB ont the 1 MB package and unlimited (but not unlimited actually) on the 10MB and 20MB packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭iMADEtheBBC

Cheers - I didn't know that. I'm getting the 20MB package installed on saturday. I notice that the T&C says 120GB per month but the salespeople say 'no cap'.
    I guess in practice they don't enforce a cap but there's one there in the T&C to give themselves a get-out clause?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Its not unlimited.

The fair usage limit is set around the 250GB mark. Which is a fair limit imo.

Advertisement