Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The merged logic123 / A-level / CAO saga

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I got AABB (560). Devastated but thats another story.

First choice is Actuarial studies in UCD - 530 pts.

Am I safe enough?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭logic123

i think your safe tbh, your way over the minimum points

yup you should be safe. Remmber only about 2% of irish applicants i think get 580-600 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

misslt wrote: »
    I got AABB (560). Devastated but thats another story.

560 is brilliant. You should be very proud of yourself.

Hope you get the course you want.

Dear Stephen

You should receive an offer for DN036 Neuroscience in Round 2, unless you receive a higher preference offer.

With best wishes

Peter Shearer
    Admissions Officer

does this sound like i defo have an offer for neuroscience, they know my A level grades btw. 580 points i got

this was the email i sent them Hey i received my A level results this morning

AAAB in maths, chemistry, biology,physics 580 points.

I was wondering if any of my preferences have been reserved. I applied for theorectical physics and neuroscience at UCD.

My application number is 09923241

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,812 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

If neuroscience is your first choice you should get an offer in Round 2.

However, if neuroscience is your second choice and you have enough points for your first choice then you might not.

Thats how it reads to me, could be wrong though.

If you can read this, you're too close!

nah my first 5 choices were medicine but i havent got those, so neuroscience is my 6th choice, which im excisted about, ?? so i should probably receive an offer for neuroscience then

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Where was your 1st preference for med, out of interest?

I'd say they put a certain no. of places aside for A-level students in each course and if they weren't filled in round 2 they'd be free in round 3, so seeing as your points are so high you'd qualify for the place reserved for you in round 2, nothing to worry about :)

thanks m8 :) laid my fears to rest hehe just out of interest whats the % of irish students that get 580-600 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 NoHands

600 is 0.3% 550-590 is 2.3% so something under 2.6%.

• Advertisement

so im in something like the top 2.6%

logic123 wrote: »

apparently, but the conversions from A-Levels to LC points isnt very fair I think (not putting you down or anything :p). 25% of you got 3 A's at alevel this year (according to the BBC). So getting an A at A level isnt particularily hard :P

but besides that, you can never really say what one grade in an exam is equivalent to in another one. But yes, you would rank pretty high.

logic123 wrote: »

A far, far higher percentage of A-Level students get above the 580 mark than do LC students, though. So, technically, in comparision to LC students, you're not in the same ~2.6%.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Also an A at A levels is 80%, whereas an A at Leaving Cert level is 85%.

That said, the A levels are far more difficult than the LC so maybe they cancel each other out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

So does that mean you'll stop posting threads that are solely dedicated to yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

Fad wrote: »
    So does that mean you'll stop posting threads that are solely dedicated to yourself?
    lol, but in all fairness how did we all react to english paper 2 :D
    so i can understand

leesmom wrote: »
    so i can understand

quite well actually. People in some countries burn trains when they are late. Imagine how they would have reacted. Burnt schools maybe?

so i can understand

To be fair, I think Eng Paper 2 actually got less threads than his A-Levels :pac:

Fad wrote: »
    To be fair, I think Eng Paper 2 actually got less threads than his A-Levels :pac:
    that was uncalled for:pac::pac:

that was uncalled for:pac::pac:

:pac:

A little, but this is a lot!

• Advertisement

totally off topic now but how the hell do i register? it keeps redirecting me to facebook and i dont really want to watch that bloody tutorial video again:p
    can i not just register when i go in for orientation????:confused::confused:
    do i have to register online?

560 is brilliant. You should be very proud of yourself.

Hope you get the course you want.

So...there was word on the street there would be offers out today but no sign :(

This waiting is killing me!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

misslt wrote: »
    So...there was word on the street there would be offers out today ...
    That seems to have been based on some sort of misunderstanding ... see posts 51 and 52 in this thread.

It would appear that offers arising from A-level results will be made as part of the normal CAO Round 2 process.

:(

Advertisement