Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Applying for Permit but already on 2nd Prov??

• 20-08-2009 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can answer this question as im after being trying to get through to the tax office for the last 20 mins but to no avail, country is a pain in the hole, anyways,

Basically on my second provision but its up for renewal, I know ive to go back to the new permit thing but the question is, do I have to do a new theory test for this permit or will my second provisional suffice? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

You will be issued with a Learner Permit which will treated as your third 'licence' - you do not have to do the theory test again.

However, in order to get a third learner permit you need to show that you have either :

a) applied for a driving test in which case you get a 1 year permit - or -

b) done a driving test but failed, in which case you are entitled to a 2 year permit.

The same rules will apply for your next permit until you pass the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭david_1888

So when im filling in the form, attaching the photo's etc, do I attach proof of a driving test I have applied for as its in 5 weeks and send away as normal? Thanks for the help, taxation office isnt worth a w*nk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

Ideally I would send them a copy of the driving test letter and keep the original, however not certain if they will accept a photocopy when applying by post - perhaps somebody else can clarify.

If its possible for you to call into the office you can just show the letter and they will probably take a copy and stamp it - giving you back the original.

In any case make sure you take a copy of the letter so you have the reference numbers etc.

Advertisement