Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackhorse Avenue D7

Options
  • 20-08-2009 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi there!!
    Fairly new to this, so not sure where to post this but here goes!
    Looking for accomadation in Dublin, found nice house in Blachorse Avenue oposite McKee Barracks, think the area is "McKee Park".

Don't know Dublin at all and wondering if this would be a safe area to live?

Would be gratefull of any advice ye can offer!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Yes, it's a nice, mostly middle-class, safe area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

pdempz wrote: »
    Hi there!!
    Fairly new to this, so not sure where to post this but here goes!
    Looking for accomadation in Dublin, found nice house in Blachorse Avenue oposite McKee Barracks.

Don't know Dublin at all and wondering if this would be a safe area to live?

Would be gratefull of any advice ye can offer!

Thanks!

Location wise you won't do much better, really close to town & the park. There is a bus route (37), but frequency might be an issue... although you can walk to the navan road.

The area wouldn't be the best to be honest (the usual lots of nice people but the few bad apples), so it all depends on what you want from living there... If you come further out blackhourse ave, the area would be better...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i lived in phoenix manor there for a while

never had any problems and would recommend it as a nice place to live, good buses and a twenty minute walk into town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 pdempz

Thanks for the reply!
    The house is actually in Mc Kee Park I think..... sounds good!I hope!lol:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Location wise you won't do much better, really close to town & the park. There is a bus route (37), but frequency might be an issue... although you can walk to the navan road.

The area wouldn't be the best to be honest (the usual lots of nice people but the few bad apples), so it all depends on what you want from living there... If you come further out blackhourse ave, the area would be better...

My parents live up there and as has been said the area has its mix of nice people and few dodgy ones. You get a load of trackie teenagers hanging about at the shop that is just up from the barracks(at Dunard Estate). They give the owners absolute hell but tend to leave the customers alone.

Its very central and as well as the 37 bus (comes every 10 minutes at peak times) you can walk for approx 10 minutes and get the 38, 39, 70 on the navan road or walk about the same distance to the North Circular Road and get the 10.

I have often walked into town from my parents house and it takes me 25 minutes to get to Capel St.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Move down to Stoneybatter, it's too close to Dunard.

Advertisement