Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to repair broken toilet seat?

Options
  • 20-08-2009 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi,

I have a toilet seat that is permenately comin loose... the fixings for it are not great (B&Q) and when i tighten them up they just come loose again after a while, now they are knackered. Does anyone have any tips on what to use to make the seat more secure. Any tricks of the trade?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Payton

Probably better of replacing the whole seat, If they are plastic fittings they are probably threaded. Go on spoil yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭TheNibbler

Think B&Q are selling some dodgy toilet seats, I had the same problem with two different toilet seats I got from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

With the greatest respect if you spend anything less than 40 euro on a toilet seal dont expect it to be good and dont expect it to last.

Advertisement