Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

minimized window preview

• 20-08-2009 11:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,057 ✭✭✭✭

I've had windows Vista a while now, A few months at least and it was only when I was using my mates laptop temporariily that I noticed his does something that mine doesn't.

When a window is minimized, for example Firefox. if you run the mouse over the icon on the taskbar for it, it gives you a full preview of whats on the screen wheras on mine it only says for example on the window now it shows the text "Boards.ie - Post New Thread - Mozilla Firefox" but no graphical display of that the page looks like.

minimizedpreview.jpg

I went into toolbar properties and seen the following option that sounds like it but doesn't seem to do what I thought it would.

The bottom option is the one I though would do it but it doesn't
    taskproperties.jpg I know this isn't a major issue but I'd greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance for any replies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Did you run the windows rating tool?
    Right click on Computer and select properties.
    You should see a rating..if it's one hit refresh ...ah just refresh it anyway.
    That should resolve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

It is part of the windows aero theme, check to see if this is turned on, your pc may not be able to run this.

When I used vista (I use linux and xp now), it used to turn itself off sometimes, but I still had the areo theme on, I never found out why...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,057 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

It refreshed to 3.4

3.4 being the lowest was for Graphics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

And does it work now?

Berkut wrote: »
    And does it work now?
    Still, no. I tried a restart and all to be sure but it still the same. I'm guessing its because I don't have the aero theme as kierank mentioned above, so I downloaded but can't seem to open the .jar file so can't install it. I read online that you need to start messing around with the system32 folder, and I'm definitely not techie savvy enough to start messing aroun with the likes of that.

Thanks for all ye're help anyways guys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

If anybody asks to delete system32, THEN DON'T!

Can't stress that enough.

I'm not techie but I've been around forums long enough not to fall for that.

The suggestion for adding the Aero theme was to replace a theme file in the System32 folder with another one, so bascially overwriting it thus making it available for selection.

But I'm not even prepared to even go near the System32 folder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

which version of vista is it?

only home premium and up has the aero theme.

it should be in themes; then windows colour/appearance and enable transparency.

kaimera wrote: »
    which version of vista is it?

only home premium and up has the aero theme.

it should be in themes; then windows colour/appearance and enable transparency.
    Its only Home basic so that probably explains it.:o

Quazzie wrote: »
    Its only Home basic so that probably explains it.:o
    :(

• Advertisement

kaimera wrote: »
    :(
    I know.

Thats what ya get for €399 :D

Is there any benefit to upgrading to a better version of Vista. I see I can upgrade to premium ofr €85 or Ultimate for €213. Can anyone give the basics in a sentence. I use this laptop for playing Football manager and Surfing the net onlt. Everything else is done on my desktop so would there be any benefit in me upgrading? I don't think there would be but like I said before I don't reallly know.

in a sentence;

No; unless you're gonna use more than 8gb of RAM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Vista_editions

Thats more money in my pocket so :D

Advertisement