Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain/damp coming through wall.

Options
  • 20-08-2009 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

Recently built a shed out of 9 inch cavities. Rain/damp is coming through the walls and as it is going to be a while before I can get it plastered can anyone recommend a sealer I could use in the mean time. Thanks in advance Joe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭C Eng

As a short term fix, you could wrap building in plastic sheeting (visqueen) and secure using battens to stop it flapping

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Recently built a shed out of 9 inch cavities. Rain/damp is coming through the walls and as it is going to be a while before I can get it plastered can anyone recommend a sealer I could use in the mean time. Thanks in advance Joe

I used PVA on the outside for a while it also gives the wall something to grip. I seen a neighbour use thompsons water seal sure it would do the same job but not to sure if it will have an effect on the plaster sticking

Advertisement