Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salary Expectations?

Options
  • 20-08-2009 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hi,
    Im a Software Engineer with a Masters in Computer Science,
    Ive been working in a telecoms company for 2.5 years. I really fancy a change from this now.

I am currently a technical writter and would like to do a similar job for another company as although I can code/test i do not really enjoy this side of the industry.

What salary can i expect???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

So basically you're asking how much you could expect to be paid to do the same job with a different company? Presumably you're not going to change jobs for less money unless there is some other benefit e.g. flexible working hours or a 4 day week or something. Salary ranges are given here and here but as they cover a wide area I'm not sure how useful they are. Other factors come into play as well such as location i.e. if you work closer to home you spend less time commuting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

malice_ wrote: »
    So basically you're asking how much you could expect to be paid to do the same job with a different company? Presumably you're not going to change jobs for less money unless there is some other benefit e.g. flexible working hours or a 4 day week or something. Salary ranges are given here and here but as they cover a wide area I'm not sure how useful they are. Other factors come into play as well such as location i.e. if you work closer to home you spend less time commuting.

What's the difference between a, "technical architect" and a developer?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Jako8 wrote: »
    What's the difference between a, "technical architect" and a developer?
    A developer will simply develop, whereas an architect will set the direction for the overall project.

Advertisement