Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Surge Protection for phone line?

• 20-08-2009 1:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just wondering is it possible to buy a piece of equipment which would protect any equipment which is plugged into an eircom phone socket/line during a thunderstorm (in the event the line is hit, happened before.).

Currently what is connected to the phone socket is as follows:
    -Sky+ box.
    -Standard Sky box.
    -Ordinary phone line.

Really I would like some device which I can plug into the phone socket and then plug the devices mentioned above into that.

I will google and check out Maplins etc.

Thanks in advance for all replies!

--laoisfan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

You can buy a power strip in Argos that will protect your electrical equipment, and also your phone lines, just make sure that it's got RJ11 connections. Some of them have BT and RJ11 connections, which is fine, others have BT only which will cause all sorts of complications in Ireland i.e. ugly and unnecessary adaptors!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭laoisfan

Solair wrote: »
    You can buy a power strip in Argos that will protect your electrical equipment, and also your phone lines, just make sure that it's got RJ11 connections. Some of them have BT and RJ11 connections, which is fine, others have BT only which will cause all sorts of complications in Ireland i.e. ugly and unnecessary adaptors!

Thanks mate! This should do nicely, will pick up 2 at weekend.

From Argos,
    4 Gang 4 Metre with Telecom Surge Protection.
    982/1448

Advertisement