Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5 weeks in South America - Itinerary Help?

• 20-08-2009 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi,

Hoping someone can give us some suggestions. Flying into Rio De Janeiro and out of Santiago 5 weeks later so trying to see what we can fit in in that time.

Planning to spend 2 nights in Rio then move onto Florianapolis to spend 5 days or so chilling on the beach. After that we have no idea where to go! Iguassu Falls probably then down through Argentina and into Chile.

Can anyone give me some ideas on where to go - 3 girls travelling dont want to do any trekking or anything like that :D

In terms of hostels and bus journeys - how much should we be budgeting for?

Thanks a mill!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Well you can either go the Brasil - Argentina - Chile route, or the Brasil - Bolivia - Chile route. They are probably the 2 easiest ones considering you won't be into trekking and all that.

But since you said Argentina, you can go to Iguazu from Florianopolis. It's a long expensive journey though. From there you can cross into Argentina and then get a bus down to Buenos Aires. I spent 3 weeks in B.A. alone. The nightlife is great there and just a cool city in general. From Buenos Aires you can take a return boat to Uruguay if you wanted to check out another country in the region. After B.A. you could take the bus over to Mendoza. A nice town with cheap wine. From there it's over the Andes to Santiago.

It doesn't sound like seeing a lot but you have a lot of ground to cover in 5 weeks. You could try get into Bolvia and see more of Argentina but you'll be on buses the whole time. Unless you plan on flying. And in terms of budget you are visiting the most expensive countries in South America in terms of transport and accommodation. For example in Argentina you could expect to pay around 30 Euro for a 7 hour bus journey. That depends on the class and company you take. Brasil can be even more expensive.

I went through over a grand a month in those countries. But i was out every night almost.

Advertisement