Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carbon frame

• 20-08-2009 1:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi looking for advice. I have a Giant defy advanced frame 3months old. very slight damage to back seat stay. Due to tyre rubbing off it. My fault silly BOLX. I had it repaired by a pro with a carbon wrap. AS i had it insured i got a new frame. So what to do with old one.Build a winter trainer! sell it. would anybody buy it. for how much? Any advice. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,156 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

If I ws to buy it I'd want to see pics of it before the repair, to know what's underneath the wrap. Unless it was very cheap.

What size is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭bonzie1

Good point. INsurance guy said the same. Its a m/L (56) You could ring the shop where i bought it they seen the damage. Also the guy who repaired it. But that would have to be done over the phone. Any advice welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

What kind of insurance had you on it, with who and how much? Sounds like a good cover plan that they'd replace the frame for something that you admit was your own fault. Will have to look into the insurance side of things on my new purchase.

What kind of insurance had you on it, with who and how much? Sounds like a good cover plan that they'd replace the frame for something that you admit was your own fault. Will have to look into the insurance side of things on my new purchase.
    Hi Dr. I got the insurance under my house policy. It cost 50euro extra a year. It covers damage and theft. hope that helps..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Thanks Bonzie1, yes it sort of does. Only problem is that I'm in rented accomodation so don't have house insurance and think the options of decent renters contents insurance that also covers bicycles is rather limited in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Charlie Stick

Thanks Bonzie1, yes it sort of does. Only problem is that I'm in rented accomodation so don't have house insurance and think the options of decent renters contents insurance that also covers bicycles is rather limited in this country.
    123.ie do content insurance for rented accommodation which also covers bikes. Got mine for around €180 per year.

Hi DR. cycling Ireland also do insurance. Full cover. 100euros for non competitive. And 150 if your racing. I think that covers you up to 10grand. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭horizon26

what colour is it how much are you looking for it.Give us a rough price

Hi You have me thinking now. After our phone call. Its only the frame. If your still interested make me an offer. Cheers. A realistic one.

Advertisement