Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Swan Cinema Rathmines

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Went recently to see Sherlock Holmes. There are lots of loose wires hanging about - it clearly needs a good bit of finishing work. However, we liked the auditorium and the steep seats in the cinema. It was quite cold inside, but I presume that it's still early days there.

It's good to have another option and the bonus is that this one is walkable from the house.

We normally use Dundrum in the evening, or Cineplex in town for weekend mornings. Dundrum have just launched a loyalty card which is a nice plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Baird

NO student rate and no loyalty card yet it seems
    Heading tonight anyway
    The gaming,opera,live gigs streaming could be very interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

The student rate is 7 euro, mon-friday all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭BillieBob

Location is great, right around the corner from me. Though it’s quite difficult to get the viewing times:

- Films not listed in the paper (like every other cinema),
    - For the website you need Internet Explorer 8 (stuck on version 6 here in work),
    - The phone no. is a 1520 no. (which is blocked from work),
    - I eventually got the listings via txt (which is probably not cheap txt wise).

I understand that they’re probably trying to cut back on every single cost but they’re not exactly making it easy for people to find out about them! I also understand that Explorer 6 is probably antique now but a mate of mine did a website for a public body a few years ago and said how it had to be very basic so everyone could access the information. Surely they’re hurting themselves by requiring the latest browsers for their website, would it be a big deal even to have a basic version of the site with just the listings (even if you couldn’t book on it)?

Still, I’ll try and get ‘round to check it out in the coming weeks. Hopefully they might get that 4th screen mentioned so it won’t all be blockbusters there (and save me trekking over to the lighthouse in Smithfield!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

The colour scheme on the website is very poor. Dark red text against a red background (left side menu) makes the text largely unreadable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

BillieBob wrote: »
    For the website you need Internet Explorer 8 (stuck on version 6 here in work)

Works with IE 7 (which is what I have). I can check IE 6 for you if you like. At what point did you have problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭BillieBob

Straight away at the very start, after typing in the address it comes up with a screen saying IE6 does not support the website and to upgrade to Chrome, Firefox, IE8 and Safari (which I can't do here in work).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Scien wrote: »
    Went to see Avatar3D there today.
    Lovely Cinema inside, spacious and comfortable. Felt a little robbed with the €12 price tag though. :(

Missed the first 15 mins too as there's no trailers beforehand.
    Damn teenage girls spending ages at the counters. :mad:

I paid €11.20 to see it in Dundrum so I wouldn't feel too bad about the price. €11.70 if you include the 50p for the glasses.

Anyone else not really feeling the 3d thing? Its good and all, but stops you from being able to focus on any part of the screen you want. You have to just watch the screen as a whole which annoyed me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Found the seats horrendously uncomfortable, so sharply tilted back that I had to tilt my head forward to see the screen and my neck+back were killing me by an hour in.

Won't be back for that reason I suspect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭powerstation

Does the Swan cinema have a ticketing office to buy in person, or Is it online booking only?

Also, is there any difference in price between the two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Yes there is a ticket office. Dont know if there's a price difference. I doubt it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

I'm sure there is a service charge for booking online. Just check the website.

Advertisement