Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notice

Options
  • 20-08-2009 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hey everyone,

Myself and other half are nearly finished the process of buying a house.
    Just paperwork now that has to be done.
    We are renting at the min, and our lease is up 15th Sept - when should we tell landlady that we're buying and won't be staying another year?

Thanks,
    C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I'd tell her now out of courtesy more than anything else. If you've been friendly with her then give her a call but send a letter along with it just to be formal.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

carriec87 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Myself and other half are nearly finished the process of buying a house.
    Just paperwork now that has to be done.
    Talk to the solicitor about when can you move in. From posts here, this sometimes takes a while, and you don't want to be left homeless!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Might be worth explaining the situation to the landlady and taking the place month by month til you're moved in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Probably depends on what sort of relationship you have.

Personally I would give my LL a "heads-up" as early as possible, and let them know again when it's getting near the official "notice" stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Don't be trigger happy about giving notice, only for the solicitior to find a problem with the property and you having nowhere to live becuaes the landlord is renovating / selling.

• Advertisement
Advertisement