Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E.L.F Cosmetics: they're incredibly cheap but has anyone tried them?

• 20-08-2009 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried E.L.F cosmetics? I've seen them get good reviews on TV and in magazines but just came across the website today at www.eyeslipsface.co.uk. They're incredibly cheap.Everything in their main range costs just £1.50. That includes everything from foundation to nail varnish through to make up brushes and eyelash curlers. Shipping is flat rate at £3.95 to Ireland. Has anyone had any experience of them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Just got my delivery this morning!

I'm copying and pasting my review from the bargain alerts forum:

Yeah got all my stuff this morning. Got like 7 different nail colours. Navy is gorgeous!! As is the mauve colour. Gotta say I was disappointed with some of them. I bought the blush colour and it's basically gold where on the website it has a definite pink colour. The all have a lovely gloss to them though, really shiney! And they're don't leave brush strokes behind either so you get a super smooth finish.

Bought their duo mascara too, haven't used it yet but I'll let you know how it goes.

I found the all over colour blush stick to be much too pearly too. Wouldn't really suit me. I also though it was gonna look like a tint but it's not really.

I bought two eyeshadow brushes too. Super soft and don't irritate my eyes at all which is great. Only thing is they're not as thick as I was hoping.. I let you now how they hold up though.

I also bought this lip gloss tint. It is actually the cutest packages lipgloss I've ever seen! Beautiful colour, perfect size, not sticky at all and surprisingly moisturising too! 10/10.

Bought their lip gloss too this one in the Honey dew colour. Really love it. Not sticky and just enough colour for me. Goes on smooth too.

All in all I would definitely buy from there again. Quality seems to be great for what they're charging and the shipping was nice and quick too.

Also, (Thanks to Tequilamockingbird); £1 delivery code "UNOSHIP" (for orders over £5)

Ends midnight 22/08/09

I'm defo gonna be making use of that promo code!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I've never tried them myself, but from what I've heard, for the price, they're pretty good!

Beaut.ie have written about them a couple of times... Might be worth a look-see.. http://beaut.ie/blog/?tag=elf :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Never heard about 'em before but I love make up and cheap is good, considering the amount of debt I am in right now!! :pac: Let me know how you get on if ya buy some!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

do they accept 3v cards by any chance??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭cherryred

I've got an order from them, all in all very good service and amazing value.

i got a few things but the following i would recommend to everybody

Studio line Blush/Bronze - Brilliant
    Luxe eyeshadow quad - really nice mixed of colours
    Eyeshadow brush - lovely amazing value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Which eye shadow brush did you buy CherryRed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I ordered some stuff today - wow they are cheap so I will get u all know when I get them. They were dispatched about 2 hours after I ordered them so thats good!

Used the postage thing as well so it only cost £1! Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

A couple of girls I know bought stuff and were generally very impressed by it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭cherryred

Michelleman - its the eye shadow brush item #1815

Advertisement