Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

Eoin247 wrote: »
    Just wondering, is this the guild boards.ie people are joining? Or is a new boards.ie guild going to form?

Hi I currently am the GM for mountain gaming tbh I haven't really looked into it much at this point because I was thinking the game was a few months away yet. Currently there is me , 6 of my close friends and about another 10 people who have expressed interest in the guild. I hope to have the site finished with the first 2 weeks after this BWE and if people are interested they can check it out.

For now come to the Ring of fire Realm for this BWE at least and maybe we can all join a temp guild for chat and what not :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Eoin247

MikeyJoyce wrote: »
    Hi I currently am the GM for mountain gaming tbh I haven't really looked into it much at this point because I was thinking the game was a few months away yet. Currently there is me , 6 of my close friends and about another 10 people who have expressed interest in the guild. I hope to have the site finished with the first 2 weeks after this BWE and if people are interested they can check it out.

For now come to the Ring of fire Realm for this BWE at least and maybe we can all join a temp guild for chat and what not :D

Sounds good. I think i signed up my email.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

Ring of Fire realm it is so :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

All this sounds good to me.. provided I get my code in the next two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

For what it's worth, a list of "homeworlds" of various online communities for the 1st GW2 bwe..

http://en.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/srmfg/homeworlds_of_various_online_communities_for/

It's being updated regularly, will give you an idea of where the english speakers are headed.

I'm off to Desolation myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

I think we (for the most part) have made our decision to be on the Ring of Fire server.

Unless I read anything different on Boards, then I will be selecting that server on Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

I seen this earlier but if you think about it I reckon every single Server will be completely full this weekend. There are apparently Hundreds of thousands of pre-purchasers so i think its as good a place as any :D
    na. if its just thousands then it wont be full. millions? yea possibly! just dont wanna spend hours queing up!

There was something in Arenanets blog post about the different servers stating that everyone gets enough free gems at the weekend to change servers once, and that the server choices you make for the BWE don't matter for when the game is released.
    For those of you lamenting the fact you don't get to play the Asura this weekend, PC Gamer have an 11 point preview of their starting area.

I was sooo upset when i found out i couldn't play my beloved Asura or Slyvari lol The two races i want to play are not playable =[ Well at least i wont ruin the personal story for myself :D...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I'm going to the Istan server this weekend. It is where the people I met in GW1 will be going.

• Advertisement

I'm going to the Istan server this weekend. It is where the people I met in GW1 will be going.

It'll be nice to play against some boards.ie members in WvWvW as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Far Shiverpeaks seems to be were all the Northern Europeans are headed. They would all speak English fairly well. I can see picking a server being a bit of problem when the game launches. If you want to do a lot of WvWvW, then the last thing you want is to end up on a server like Petrified Forest.

The one thing i dont like about WvWvW is that the enemy teams nameplates don't appear all you see above each charcter is "red invader" or "blue invader" etc.. well this is how it was in the last Beta.

I hope they might change that. How will i know when im pwning Dohnny Jepp huh?? huh? lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Actually not Istan, the server I'll be on is whiteside ridge. You'll recognise me don't worry. I'll the guy standing among hundreds of corpses who I easily disposed of ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,269 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Dont like the look of ring of fire tbh looks like it will be french and bulgarians, most likely gonna head to Desolation which has rock paper shotgun and pc gamer uk

VinLieger wrote: »
    Dont like the look of ring of fire tbh looks like it will be french and bulgarians, most likely gonna head to Desolation which has rock paper shotgun and pc gamer uk

Oh really? Hmm, it's gonna be kinda sucky if the server you're on doesn't speak your language. Where did you hear the about the Ring of Fire?

delta36 wrote: »
    Oh really? Hmm, it's gonna be kinda sucky if the server you're on doesn't speak your language. Where did you hear the about the Ring of Fire?

http://en.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/srmfg/homeworlds_of_various_online_communities_for/

Well tbh Facepunch is there ( Ring of Fire ) and they are a massive English speaking gaming community.

Facepunch

They are 41,620 active members strong which are english speaking so even if a few go to ring of fire which they have said they will then the vast majority of players there will be English speaking.

Also a few guilds who decided to go there that speak a specific language wont make the server French or Bulgarian only. From what i can see there isnt a whole load of people in those 2 guilds tbh with a few hundred max between both of them.

The voices of a few shouldnt be used to infulence your decision when servers will have thousands of slots and the vast majorty of the players being able to speak english.

I have no douth that there will be people with the foreign tounge on every server just like it was in wow. I just don't think you should let the choices of a few guilds change your oppinion of the entire server :D

Also Ring of fire will prob just be the temp server for the weekend maybe we all can find a new home after the BWE.

At least we can go to a different server after the 1st BWE. I believe all the character's are going to be wiped after the BWE's, so no need to settle in just yet

At least we can go to a different server after the 1st BWE. I believe all the character's are going to be wiped after the BWE's, so no need to settle in just yet

True that. Sure feck it, it'll be grand!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I still havent pre ordered, not sure what to do, i wont get much time to play this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

For what it's worth, a list of "homeworlds" of various online communities for the 1st GW2 bwe..

It's being updated regularly, will give you an idea of where the english speakers are headed.

I'm off to Desolation myself.

Likewise, planning on setting up on Desolation.

Dcully wrote: »
    I still havent pre ordered, not sure what to do, i wont get much time to play this weekend.

This won't be the last BWE before the game is released, according to Anet. There's also the 3 days head start access if you pre-purchase.

Dcully wrote: »

Wouldn't worry too much about missing out on the beta. Its only a opportunity for people to preview classes etc and you will hear many opinions from people so you aren't exactly going to miss out anyway. Along with that no doubt there will be a few technical issues that you will also be avoiding...

I thought it was 19:00 Friday?

It starts at 12:00 midday PST (West Coast USA) which is 8hrs behind UK/Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,269 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I thought it was 19:00 Friday?

Nope 20:00

Well tbh Facepunch is there ( Ring of Fire ) and they are a massive English speaking gaming community.

Facepunch don't seem to have many people signed up for GW2 judging by the list of players who have already purchased when I googled them earlier. Only a BWE anyway but planning to roll on ring of fire might come back to bite you...

http://facepunch.com/threads/798746

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*sigh* yer all lucky yer in the beta : )

Advertisement