Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Just downloaded another 38MB~ update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭KilOit

**** sake i stopped the download 10 gigs in last night thinking i'd just pick up again today but no, the whole file needs to be downloaded again, pile of ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

KilOit wrote: »
    **** sake i stopped the download 10 gigs in last night thinking i'd just pick up again today but no, the whole file needs to be downloaded again, pile of ****

Thats just an error in the display. The files left to be downloaded will be less and will only include what you missed out on last night.

KilOit wrote: »

The only figure that you should be looking at is the "Files Remaining..." figure.

It resets the percentage and how much you downloaded for that download "session" every time you re-launch the downloader.

To make sure that it is still downloading, look at the size of the "gw2.dat" file. At time of writing it should be "13,382,013 KB" total (which according to Google is - "12.76 GB")

EDIT 12:20 am (27/4/12) : 43.05MB update just downloaded there now. Don't know how long it has been out.

Also, 19hrs and 40mins until the fun begins. Tomorrow is going to be a quite a awesome day.

Are we still rolling on Ring of Fire ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

EDIT 12:20 am (27/4/12) : 43.05MB update just downloaded there now. Don't know how long it has been out.

Also, 19hrs and 40mins until the fun begins. Tomorrow is going to be a quite a awesome day.

Are we still rolling on Ring of Fire ?

Was just about to post the same thing. Just updated now myself. Not too long to go. :D

I don't mind which world as long as there's some folk speaking English.

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Was just about to post the same thing. Just updated now myself. Not too long to go. :D

I don't mind which world as long as there's some folk speaking English.

Inglés? Vamos a hablar en español!

EDIT: 2am - From the Guild Wars 2 FB
    We have sold out of keys for digital distribution in North America. GameStop and Best Buy still have stock available.

We limit sales to ensure we have enough capacity for our customers. We're likely to have capacity available after the initial crunch at the start of the weekend. Players who purchase when we're able to resume digital sales at buy.guildwars2.com will still be able to play for the remainder of the weekend. ~RB2

No queue's then!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

Well i know me and my friends will be going to Ring of Fire and i hope some of you can join! :D it will be english speaking and fun! :D

Anyways my mumble server is open to everyone for the weekend :D
    Even if you arent playing feel free to come on and ask how the game is or whatever :D

Mumble:

IP: mountaingaming.mdns.co
    Port: 64765

*No Password*

Feel free to use it :D ill be on most of the weekend and some of my friends too.

I was thinking tonight on Ring of fire any ways to start a guild named Boards.ie just a temp guild to be used for chat and stuff etc.? What do you guys think?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Saviour_Angel

Been a while since I was on boards.ie,
    Seeing as "Ring of Fire" seems to be the server of choice, I'll hopefully be seeing ye there. :)

MikeyJoyce wrote: »
    Well i know me and my friends will be going to Ring of Fire and i hope some of you can join! :D it will be english speaking and fun! :D

Anyways my mumble server is open to everyone for the weekend :D
    Even if you arent playing feel free to come on and ask how the game is or whatever :D

Mumble:

IP: mountaingaming.mdns.co
    Port: 64765

*No Password*

Feel free to use it :D ill be on most of the weekend and some of my friends too.

I was thinking tonight on Ring of fire any ways to start a guild named Boards.ie just a temp guild to be used for chat and stuff etc.? What do you guys think?

Sounds like a plan. Is Mumble something similar to Ventrilo, been years since I've used anything like that. Just get the install files here? Pop in your details above and Robert's your mother's brother?

Sounds like a plan. Is Mumble something similar to Ventrilo, been years since I've used anything like that. Just get the install files here? Pop in your details above and Robert's your mother's brother?

Mumble = Ventrilo = TeamSpeak
    Grab the installer from http://mumble.com - easiest way

EDIT: 38MB~ update this morning

• Advertisement

Yup like Ventrilo but the Quality is much better :D

Here is a direct link to download the client.

Mumble Download

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Damn it! Just saw now there's a direct link to the client download on the site. Starting to download, in the vain hope my box gets here today.

@MikeyJoyce decent of you to set up a mumble server lad, thank you!

Anyone with an Xbox? Given that GW2 seems to be alot about movement to avoid damage is there any chance that someone could try out their xbox controller to see if it is a valid option for playing the game. Cheers!

I could test but my controller is coming back from Germany after it being exchanged (Because I accidently dropped it oops).

I am going to say no for now

Lister1 wrote: »
    Anyone with an Xbox? Given that GW2 seems to be alot about movement to avoid damage is there any chance that someone could try out their xbox controller to see if it is a valid option for playing the game. Cheers!

Oh i never taught about this Hmmm i have an xbox controller and a wireless receiver so yeah ill try this out for a little bit Saturday morning and let you know it feels :D

How would that work though? Are there enough buttons on an Xbox controller to be able to map the keyboard layout? Or are ye talking about having one hand on the keyboard and another one on just the stick of the controller to move your character?

I think if you where going to really make it work it would work kinda like how TERA handles the xbox controller. A,X,Y,B all cast spells but then when you hold L and press A you get another spell same as R and A you get something else so maybe it could be mapped out like that kinda? I never use the controller so im not sure

Just looking at the keyboard layout it doesn't seem too bad as far as movement is concerned? Might just take a little while to remember you can move about to try and avoid damage.

Snippet from much larger pic on the forums.

PtPUc.jpg

/Edit: Apparently you can bind a key to Dodge. So press a direction then dodge to dodge in that direction. Going to be really interesting to see how the combat pays being able to move and cast etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Just looking at the keyboard layout it doesn't seem too bad as far as movement is concerned? Might just take a little while to remember you can move about to try and avoid damage.

Snippet from much larger pic on the forums.

PtPUc.jpg

/Edit: Apparently you can bind a key to Dodge. So press a direction then dodge to dodge in that direction. Going to be really interesting to see how the combat pays being able to move and cast etc.

I'll be rebinding all that for my left handed style of play.

Over 3 hours left until it starts, I am going to be reading some articles on the GW2 Wiki.

I am in mumble already but I am muted. I will be making sure the client is updated between now and 8 and playing GW1 to familiarise the controls again :P

It's going to be a awesome weekend!

• Advertisement

delta36 wrote: »
    Damn it! Just saw now there's a direct link to the client download on the site. Starting to download, in the vain hope my box gets here today.

This dude is giving away a beta key at 7 o clock if u post a link of your client fully updated etc. You might get lucky :D

check it out.

Reddit Beta Key giveaway

delta36 wrote: »
    How would that work though? Are there enough buttons on an Xbox controller to be able to map the keyboard layout? Or are ye talking about having one hand on the keyboard and another one on just the stick of the controller to move your character?

I don't own an xbox myself but assume it is similar to my PS3 with regards to the amount of buttons available which would give it.....

1. Square
    2. Triangle
    3. Circle
    4. Cross
    5. L1
    6. L2
    7. L3
    8. R1
    8. R2
    9. R4
    10. Select
    11. Start

I am not sure if the directions buttons can be mapped separately to the joystick but I assume it can which will give another 4 buttons bringing the count up to 15.

This I believe would cover the major skills needed and keyboard could still be used for the out of combat skills like opening inventory etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

Since there's no native controller support you'd have to use something like xpadder to map the keys to a controller. You won't be able to remap the mouse cursor though so you'd still have to use it to select targets, move the camera, and choose areas for AoE spells.
    Not really feasible at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Sorry if this is mentioned before, but is their site broken? I can't find the beta client link and nothing really loads on it.

Is there an alternative link to the client?

edit, nevermind. Found it hosted on another site.

humanji wrote: »
    Sorry if this is mentioned before, but is their site broken? I can't find the beta client link and nothing really loads on it.

Is there an alternative link to the client?

edit, nevermind. Found it hosted on another site.

This thread - https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Getting-Started/page/1#post23793

Direct Client Download - http://cloudfront.guildwars2.com/client/Gw2.exe

Derp, just seen your edited message.

Im sooo excited to play at 8 :D woop!

BETA IS LIVE IM MAKING MY CHAR GO GO GO GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! RING OF FIRE!

This dude is giving away a beta key at 7 o clock if u post a link of your client fully updated etc. You might get lucky :D

check it out.

Reddit Beta Key giveaway

Thanks for letting me know lad but I got my beta key in the post!!!!! :D:D:D:D
    So damn excited now, 52% percent downloaded. Have to say download speed is really fast, getting around 850kb/s on average, would thought it's be much slower what with all the stress on their servers.

BETA IS LIVE IM MAKING MY CHAR GO GO GO GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! RING OF FIRE!

O_O *checks*

I'm in. BETA IS LIVE!

• Advertisement

Whats your char name? :D im Mikey lol

Advertisement