Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 p1000

Just got booted but i was on since half 9 and i thought it was great! I'm on Gunnar's Hold cause it was mentioned in these forums. Picking a name was a nighmare, though. Had to try to log in 3 times but went smoothly after that (until they booted me off...).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Out again and can't seem to get back in

Anyone else notice the server time in game is still US time, makes me wonder..

There's an option for Local time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Been on all morning, with just 2 crashes. Lots of people are having issues though.

Man i love this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

is it still posible to buy deigital version and play now?

• Advertisement

Yup. Until the 27th. But it'll be hours downloading.

p1000 wrote: »
    Yup. Until the 27th. But it'll be hours downloading.

how much? ill be out of town all day tomorrow so i could keep it downloading.

btw how much does it work out to buy from them? prices in dollars and i never trust their exchange rates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Also having login problems. Got in once made my char and got hit by the blackscreen after the cinematic. No matter since im off to work now. Hopefully it will be fixed by tonight :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Ah i just got disconnected after the over flow server thing poped up to go into my chosen server >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Some bastard on Desolation took the name Flare... s/he will pay for this! :mad:

btw how much does it work out to buy from them? prices in dollars and i never trust their exchange rates.
    My install is ~17GB although I recall seeing a post on Reddit saying that newer installs were ~14-15GB since a number of redundant files have been removed in the meantime.

As regards pricing, it was €54.99 back when I pre-purchased in April, but they've it priced at $59.99 on the GW2 website.

• Advertisement

€54.99 from the website, i'm pretty sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Got kicked from gunnars, can't login again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Robby91 wrote: »
    Some bastard on Desolation took the name Flare... s/he will pay for this! :mad:

My install is ~17GB although I recall seeing a post on Reddit saying that newer installs were ~14-15GB since a number of redundant files have been removed in the meantime.

As regards pricing, it was €54.99 back when I pre-purchased in April, but they've it priced at $59.99 on the GW2 website.

All my names are pretty uncommon and every one of them was taken on Desolation. Even with uncommon surname's they where taken. Im pretty sure the names are world wide since server transfers are so common and take less than 5 minutes. Could be wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

The client is around 14GB ShadowHearth. Was up all night but I did managed to get my names. Then at seven my son comes in and kicks me off(I'm going build him is own PC soon). After a few hours sleep I'm back at the login screen. Looks like we broke it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Javacadabra

Hey Guys, I've been having trouble logging in as well. I managed to log in to create a character earlier and then after about 10 minutes was disconnected. I am continuing to get an error 42 code when I try to log in via the game client. Is everyone else getting this error 42?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

Pretty much everyone is having problems, for updates on issues..

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2

Names are world wide, which is why it was tough to get common names. I managed to get Kiith and Abandon, so i was happy enough. All the others i tried were gone though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Stuck with this here firewall issue :(

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

p1000 wrote: »
    There's an option for Local time.
    no it makes me wonder why the server time is US time lol, its meant to be in frankfurt

The login servers are totally down, so no one can get in at the moment. Hopefully will be sorted soon, as i'd like to get another hour or so before the football at 3pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I miss my Beet Root King necromancer already :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Can someone post when the servers are back up? I'm dual booting right now, and cant check to see if it works on Windows myself! :)

The client is around 14GB ShadowHearth. Was up all night but I did managed to get my names. Then at seven my son comes in and kicks me off(I'm going build him is own PC soon). After a few hours sleep I'm back at the login screen. Looks like we broke it.

needs to be expected with these type of games.

55eu for a standart download edition looks like a lot... ( sort of, but i do know there is no sub ).

i see what will lads say. i am planing on playing wow and i am back in to diablo 3 with a ton of games behind me to play.

cheers for info lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

Guild Wars 2 ‏@GuildWars2
    Thank you for your patience, we’re still hard at work and we will keep you updated. ^DO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

I know its to be expected but aargh.......

What were the stress tests for?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

BKtje wrote: »
    Stuck with this here firewall issue :(

me too dont know how to sort it

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭reaper12

Yeah same here, keep getting the message "connection errors retrying"

I was really looking forward to spending a day playing this :-( Hope they get it sorted soon!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

reaper12 wrote: »
    Yeah same here, keep getting the message "connection errors retrying"

I was really looking forward to spending a day playing this :-( Hope they get it sorted soon!!

Getting that too,what a pain in the ass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

3 days early, but the servers will be offline for the most of the time :)

Advertisement