Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Delphi dll, SOAP and Javascript talking...

Options
  • 20-08-2009 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭

Hello there,

My colleague has recently created a web service in Delphi (dll); the XML that is produced looks like this:
    <operation name="SendApplicants">
    <input message="tns:SendApplicants0Request"/>
    <output message="tns:SendApplicants0Response"/>
    </operation>

I've been trying to call this operation "SendApplicants" from his ISAPI .dll, but as of yet I've been unsuccessful.

I was pointed towards this js plugin for Soap Client manipulation: http://www.guru4.net/articoli/javascript-soap-client/en/

However when I use js to invoke the SOAP function call it simply returns the entire XML document with all the functions on it in the alert.

Here's my (slightly) modified code for calling the SOAP function (based on demo 11 of the plugin i linked above)
    function requestApplicantList()
    {
        var pl = new SOAPClientParameters();
        SOAPClient.invoke(url, 'SendApplicants', pl, true, GetSoapResponse_callBack);
    }
    function GetSoapResponse_callBack(r, soapResponse)
    {
        if(soapResponse.xml)    // IE
            alert(soapResponse.xml);
        else    // MOZ
            alert((new XMLSerializer()).serializeToString(soapResponse));
    }

Can anyone point me in the right direction of how to get these 2 technologies talking?

Thanks,

Dan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

Hi..

I've trying to sort this problem for the past few days - I'm hoping it's something obvious......

Would I need to convert the SOAP .dll file to java using a converter like axis?

Any help GREATLY appreciated..

Thanks.

Advertisement