Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Quiet 5 year Old Girl

Options
  • 20-08-2009 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a 5 year old. She wont really say hello to people when they talk to her (but never shuts up at home) and it takes her a little while to warm to people(not such a bad thing). I feel she needs something to help her confidence.....was thinking maybe speech and drama or something. She will be going into senior infants and seems to get on well a school but doesnt seem to mix very well with the kids near where we live (just seems to fight with them) and they end up sending her home but shes a good kid really!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

oh god i feel for you. ive a 6yr old boy. great and normal at home, but he,s so shy with other people. went to school thought he was doing great but he was getting into trouble with his pal,s he sit,s with as in pushing a lad hurting his elbow badly.teacher had to phone parent,s this was just 2 day,s before summer holiday,s. i was shocked, thought she called the wrong mum, it wasnt the first time , his consentration is poor, he wasnt finish,n his school work when told to ,so he had to stay in to finish. he,s rough at play also,kept in again etc. so they are going to do a test on him to see why he act,s like this at school. at home he,s so chatty, does what any other 6yr old would do . so im looking forward to see what they come up with when the school councellor comes to visit.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

speech and drama would be good, also anything that has her co-operating with others, like Brownies, a team sport, if she likes sport.

Advertisement