Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brandy and Cigars: The GC off-topic thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

OldGoat wrote: »
    I've not played snooker in years, at least 20. I play a beatufiul theoritical game but my practical game is a shambles. I can't see byond the tip of the cue.

Haha, same here goats. I always have great plans to play positional shots but usually end up resorting to potting any ball I can...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

oooooo look at you throwing around your new CMod powah :p i don't remeber getting the memo on that one now at all at all.....
    only a cmod in science dude, no extra powers here - but I thought you were all told never to address us directly or make eye contact with us again? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

must of missed that memo too. thats gonna be harder than you'd think....r3 has such dreamy eyes......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

/Sits back into one of the comfortable leather armchairs

Afternoon Gentlemen.
    Why is it that when I'm scrolling down the menu to the Gentlemens Club that I always seem to have to stop off at S&S on the way? I normally only pop in there once or twice a month (:rolleyes:) but since the Club opened I've been checking S&S almost hourly.

/Pours a snifter of cognac.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

tbh wrote: »
    I was at AC/DC in april and caught myself drinking a latte and eating a bacon and brie sandwich while watching the band. As in, the band AC/DC. What's THAT about!? when did I turn into that guy? :D

That is all kinds of awesome.I know a gang of about 10 blokes that were at the concert.These are some of the fattest,hairest bikers you could ever meet.

The thoughts of them eating a bacon and brie washed down by a nice foamy latte is very much inducing the lulz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

*pulls up leather armchair*

I need some hair o' th' dog stat! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I smelt caffeine...
    Khannie wrote: »
    1) Get yourself a burr grinder
    2) Get yourself some Brazil Fazenda Cachoeira.

I'm a cafetierre / french press man myself and a good burr grinder and some of that stuff freshly ground will *blow* *you* *away*.

Just to add to that, while any espresso machine is a fantastic addition to your kitchen, buy a Moka pot. Seriously. Great coffee, and a brilliant start to your morning.

And to prove the point, here's my weekends shopping :)

That's a damn fine moka pot...

I've been meaning to pass comment on your avatar image Dord. A friend, double bass player and bass singer, has it tattooed at the base of his thumb and curling around the back of his hand so that it shows best when he's playing. Always been impressed by his minimist choice of image yet so indicitave of his passions.

I don't know what a tracke....I mean I can't get a crema on my espresso with my cookertop pot. :o

• Advertisement

I've been meaning to pass comment on your avatar image Dord. A friend, double bass player and bass singer, has it tattooed at the base of his thumb and curling around the back of his hand so that it shows best when he's playing. Always been impressed by his minimist choice of image yet so indicitave of his passions.

Very cool! :) I'm a bassist so that's why I stuck it up there. My username is a bit of an indication too... its bass "as gaeilge" ;)
    I don't play DB though... maybe in a few years when I have a more suitable place for one and the money too. :pac:

I have an idea for a bass clef tattoo but not sure if I'll ever get round to getting it done.

I don't know what a tracke....I mean I can't get a crema on my espresso with my cookertop pot. :o

Aye, lack of crema is the only downside of using the stove-top pots. I can handle it though. I really enjoy the coffee from it. I think with the Brikka pots, you can get a full crema on top, but I like to keep it simple :)

Dord wrote: »
    I have an idea for a bass clef tattoo but not sure if I'll ever get round to getting it done.
    I had an image for a tattoo rolling around in my head for the last 10 years and I finally decided to get it done last week. Apparently I am now "One of us and not one of them" :cool:

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Aye, lack of crema is the only downside of using the stove-top pots. I can handle it though. I really enjoy the coffee from it. I think with the Brikka pots, you can get a full crema on top, but I like to keep it simple :)
    I tried everything to get a crema..start with cold water, start with hot water, double espress it by putting the coffee through again, pouring it from a height - difficult into a demitasse cup :rolleyes:

Cool, what'd you get done?

Dord wrote: »
    Cool, what'd you get done?
    Well, see my goat over there
    <
    It's now indelibly part of me.

Haha cool! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

excuse me gentlemen while i sit here quite inebriated, let me open your ears to a classic rap song popularised by Dr. Dre, and a long while while ago was re-done by Ben Folds, a classical'ish twist. Please appreciate apart from the expletives

good morning vietnam

edit; 1 word- messy!

F**king Rain! Apparently there's gonna be 2 inches of it today...:mad:

Guess its a day for movies and boards:rolleyes:

It's 26 degrees over here. I can't wait to head back out. :pac:

sun is shining in dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I just totally built an Ikea bookcase thing. I built the ASS out of that thing :) Maybe this is more BGRH material....

• Advertisement

Will wrote: »
    sun is shining in dublin

Not over this side... :(
    I just totally built an Ikea bookcase thing. I built the ASS out of that thing :) Maybe this is more BGRH material....

Nah, the BGRH version would inevitibly include some section in the story about bacon. Congrats on getting a bookshelf built though, its so satisfying building stuff. :D

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

How many pieces are left over cause they are spares? :pac: Well done dude! Ikea rawks!!

Its a great feeling when a project comes together alright.I built one before though and one of the shelves on the facking thing collapsed when I put some hard backs on it.Not my finest hour.:mad:

The brothers and wimminz of BGRH would take an altogether different route to achieve the same end THB.
    http://www.simpleassemblymehole.com/

I see the merit in sitting at a bar supping pints while some other poor sod wrestles with Mrs.Goats kitchen units.

My god! I was watching some music festival on Channel 4 just there, and my God is Katy Perry Hot!:eek:

If you've missed it ya can catch it on C4+1, trust me, it's worth it...

is there like a channel 4 +22?

agreed on the hotness factor though. Mrs Monkey wouldn't get a look in if Katy popped around one day.

ridiculous exam today, deffo didn't pass, suckage, major suckage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭trout

I've exams in October, I'm about 12 weeks behind in preparation.

Sure, I can pick that up over a few weekends :(

Fuppin' exams.

I really can't stand exams, they're such a pain in the arse, you've got hours upon hours of study and work, culminating in one bloody day. They just really piss me off.

Thankfully, I didn't have any traditional exams through college, and I don't envy those that do.

Anyways Will, I already passed on my comments on the aul facebook! :)

Chin up, and you'll be grand!

i am soooo glad i have that crap long behind me! though saying that I'm loking at doing a Masters next year :eek:

• Advertisement

was considering masters then i remembered how much i dislike college, maybe my tune will change when/if i start working

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

i never liked exams much but I'm going to have to do them to. soon, Im going back to collage again... tho i get to do things a different way I hope to other people as my disability means i get a fairer treatment.

Will wrote: »
    ridiculous exam today, deffo didn't pass, suckage, major suckage

Ah you dont know for sure man,there have been times that Ive thought I had completly fudged them but did alright.
    Hopefully this is the case here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭trout

i never liked exams much but I'm going to have to do them to. soon, Im going back to collage again... tho i get to do things a different way I hope to other people as my disability means i get a fairer treatment.

what's the different way :confused:

/nosey

trout wrote: »
    what's the different way :confused:

/nosey

I didnt want to say this because of the Ah style retorts but Oraly, instead of a peace of paper I did all my junior cert and previous collage exams on a tape. never did my leaving.
    Not nosey at all man :cool:

Dont think you have to worry about AH type responses here mate.
    Just got a call from my old manager.I had an interview last week and they called him today for references so it looks pretty good that they are going to make me an offer.Its not what I want and the money is alot less than I was on but Ive been on the scratch 7 months so at this stage I just need to get back doing something before I go totally insane.Will see what happens I guess.

one never can be shore when saying things like that tho ;).... I even mock my self saying that.....

Sweet, job=work=money=toys=FUN :cool:

Good luck with that :), whats it for ?

Cheers dude.

Its working for one of the big insurance companys.Pretty much an entry level role but feck it,at this stage anything is better than spending my days trying to find things to do.Plus its a safe job too so if Im offered it I will 99.9% accept it.

No probs.

I'd do anything myself applied for a job in centra hopefully I hear something I don't care if its demeaning I'm making money and its my money :D...
    Finger crossed tho if this doesn't work it may be time for plan B :eek:

• Advertisement

Good luck with that SM.

Its funny,my Dad is some sort of manager with one of the big insurance companies (he has been with them 32 years and started out selling insurance door to door) and when I graduated he harped on and on to me about getting into either that game or into one of the banks.I was having none of it yet here I am 3 years later applying for jobs in that industry.

I guess back then part of me wanted to seperate myself from him as much as possible.

Oh well.
    :)

Wonder how many of us here actually DID follow our dads profession? I tried to but bad eyesight failed me at the medical for the Fire Brigade.

cheers man...

That is strange :pac: he probably knew you would either way intuition and what not....

what to have for lunch???

So is everyone here unemployed or having a gawk around boards from work:pac:??

Well I got the job anyway.Start the 7th of September.Whoo-haa!

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Well I got the job anyway.Start the 7th of September.Whoo-haa!

congrats man :cool: :D

• Advertisement

Wonder how many of us here actually DID follow our dads profession? I tried to but bad eyesight failed me at the medical for the Fire Brigade.

I didn't, although I do help out a bit with the business in terms of the website, advertising etc.

When I saw all the crap that he had to deal with it turned me off it. :p

not quite..... i followed the mothers profession, oh and actually my grannys professions too. I'm now the 3rd generation of nurse in the family, and just to really screw the kids up/put pressure on them, I'm married to a nurse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Well one Grandad was a soldier, another worked in a fruit warehouse for like an age, my dad was a groundsman and gardener for a Dublin park and i'm moving into sports therapy or massage hopefully if i can find work there...so i'm certainly not following his footsteps:pac:

Well one Grandad was a soldier, another worked in a fruit warehouse for like an age, my dad was a groundsman and gardener for a Dublin park and i'm moving into sports therapy or massage hopefully if i can find work there...so i'm certainly not following his footsteps:pac:

Unless...you end up giving shoulder massages to the groundsmen in St. Annes Park after they shoot all the blackberries off the bushes that they can't reach, using .22 rifles, along the football pitches in a well executed military style campaign!
    :D

i followed my mum job as a chef for a few yearss it drove me mad..
    My dads profession would be easy to crack i guess he carrys a lot of weight tho it means getting taught by a senile old fart :p

I think I could possibly end up following my dads foot steps...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement