Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brandy and Cigars: The GC off-topic thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Damn that dyslexia Snow, it caused you to misspell a word or two there. Allow me to fix that for ya.
    getting taught by a senile old fart Earning the respect of my elders by dutifully following their sage advice.

No thanks necessary. :cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

OldGoat wrote: »
    Damn that dyslexia Snow, it caused you to misspell a word or two there. Allow me to fix that for ya.
    getting taught by a senile old fart Earning the respect of my elders by dutifully following their sage advice.

No thanks necessary. :cool:

I don't think I like you tone OG......

I challenge the, to a duel pic up a mettle gauntlet *smacks*

By the rules of chivelery and ettiquete you proffered the duel so that means I get to choose weapons.
    I choose...inflated pigs bladders on strings and Gin&Tonics. We shall round on each other, twacking each other with the choosen weapon whilst quaffing copious amounts of alcohol until one cries yield or drunkness overtakes us.

By the rules of chivelery and ettiquete you proffered the duel so that means I get to choose weapons.
    I choose...inflated pigs bladders on strings and Gin&Tonics. We shall round on each other, twacking each other with the choosen weapon whilst quaffing copious amounts of alcohol until one cries yield or drunkness overtakes us.

man i was hoping for sipping whiskey and 6 shooters :(....

this all sounds very crowcay :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

<bored> When are we changing this place back to Brandy and Cigars? </bored>

make some auzzie friends and annoy them about the ash's :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Reillyman wrote: »

:o

Point at a work collegue, start him straight in the eye and say to him "I KNOW what you said!". Then walk out of the room in a huff. It might not cure your boredom but it will break the monotony of the afternoon for everyone else.

Point at a work collegue, start him straight in the eye and say to him "I KNOW what you said!". Then walk out of the room in a huff. It might not cure your boredom but it will break the monotony of the afternoon for everyone else.

end every sentence for the rest of the day with "...or so the GOVERNMENT would have you believe" - same reasons as above.

Like the idea, accept it's kinda hard for an unemployed 17 year old, sitting at home watching TV to do that kinda thing:p

• Advertisement

Like the idea, accept it's kinda hard for an unemployed 17 year old, sitting at home watching TV to do that kinda thing:p

You live in MAYO and have the Atlantic ocean on your back door and your watching tv :rolleyes: you dont know your born, go surfing :D, or better still learn how to windsurf... which is hard better to watch and faster and not so boring :)

you're 17 and you're bored???? I would have thought a 17 year old sitting at home on his own was in more danger of going blind than being bored :D

You live in MAYO and have the Atlantic ocean on your back door and your watching tv :rolleyes: you dont know your born, go surfing :D, or better still learn how to windsurf... which is hard better to watch and faster and not so boring :)

Hmm, ya, great idea, I'tl only take me 3 or 4 hours to walk to a beach:rolleyes:
    you're 17 and you're bored???? I would have thought a 17 year old sitting at home on his own was in more danger of going blind than being bored:D

Lol, problem is the weather is sh1te, and I've more or less done everything already, btw I'm explaining, not complaining:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Not all of us drink brandy and eat smoke cigars.

The current title is more inclusive.

Does anyone know how much moderators get paid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Nothing at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Don't lie Will.

Reillyman, when I was a mod a while back, I was on €5,000 per annum a forum (three forums) and an extra €10,000 for being an Adverts.ie moderator. It's handy money, you need to be online for 5 hours a day, so you can work a full time job.

Job application forms here

:)

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Damn you to hell you little shíte!! :P

my old man appeared with smelly cheese's and red onion jam :cool:

• Advertisement

my old man appeared with smelly cheese's and red onion jam :cool:

I'd murder some of that right now.

Does anyone know how much moderators get paid?

The adoration of mod groupies....or so I am told. :pac:

groupies? i don't have any. Boooo-urns

Fajitas! wrote: »

Job application forms here

:)

Dude, come-on, even though I lold, I think it's time for some new nuisance causing material...:D

Dude, come-on, even though I lold, I think it's time for some new nuisance causing material...:D

you asked for it

It will be stuck in your head for months

Will wrote: »
    groupies? i don't have any. Boooo-urns

I have no sleazy dirtbag pm's. This upsets me greatly.

Actually werent you one of the people who told me my personality (ie Moonbaby), weighs 300lbs when imagined? :D

• Advertisement

Uhm I don't think i'd be witty/creative enough to say something like that tbh.

i don't get sleazy dirtbag pm's either, this isn't right. fix it somebody

I can't blame you I murdered some more of it :D...... :pac:

gotta favorite cheese ?

I can't blame you I murdered some more of it :D...... :pac:

What is it? :o

Uhm I don't think i'd be witty/creative enough to say something like that tbh.

Yes you did, and I will never ever forgive....forget. :pac:

But your a ginger! Sleazebag groupies are the payback for all those years of bullying growing up. :mad:
    What is the world coming to eh.....:(

yeah when a gentleman can't get some sleazy groupie women :( sad panda indeed

• Advertisement

I've a few :D

Out and out favorite is quite boring. Buffalo mozzarella - but throw in a few tomatos, olive oil and balsamic vinegar and it's a winner.

Wensleydale/cranberry is rocking on it's own.

Some of the porter cheeses in third place.

And some of the lighter of the blues coming in in fourth place!

On the way. Boy was I glad when I heard you'd shaved your legs...

Any cream cheese with sweet chilli sauce on top is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G :D

yeah but was for other stuff, not for you sweet fanjitas

ChewChew wrote: »
    What is it? :o
    ChewChew wrote: »
    Any cream cheese with sweet chilli sauce on top is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G :D

cheese mate:)
    I've a few :D

Out and out favorite is quite boring. Buffalo mozzarella - but throw in a few tomatos, olive oil and balsamic vinegar and it's a winner.

Wensleydale/cranberry is rocking on it's own.

Some of the porter cheeses in third place.

And some of the lighter of the blues coming in in fourth place!

Ohhh there are quite a few there :D

Im into blues with a redoinion jam NOYM

tho bri can be divine if its bought in France of a cheese maker :DIl eat any chease tho im a bit of a push over when it comes to mozerella with a bit of pesto and on the vine toms slumph :D

I used be a brie fan, but I've really gone off it lately - It's just too strong for me!

Blue with red onion jam... Nice!

Fwiw, I just fried some feta into cherry tomatos and chorizo, popped into a pitta bread with rocket. Can't bait it :D

Warm feta is just bootiful....I have a Mediterranean vegetable bake in the oven and that is going on top with some walnuts in about 20 minutes.

Blue cheeses remind me of snot.
    I hate not liking things though, so I'm working little bits of Gorgonzola in here and there.
    Still it is an effort.

Veggie bake sounds great - I have a soft spot for nuts in bakes/roasts. Roasting them brings out some fantastic flavours.

Gorgonzola works great melted with hams and/or rocket. It's probably one of the easier of the blues. Yum!

I love warm feta, I cooked a fritatta for the folks yesterday and meant to pop some on top but comepletly forgot.

Roquefort and a glass of muscat. :cool:

or Brandy and Cigars:cool:

• Advertisement

Oh please, brandy and cigars AFTER the cheese & wine. :cool::cool:

I think I've ended up with two more old cameras.

I'll be running out of storage space for them at this stage...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭trout

Speaking of old cameras ... I just found a box brownie, or what I think is a box brownie, in my attic.

I also found a less old, but still quite old camera in a leather case. I'm going to leave opening it till tomorrow, as the leather looks a bit fragile; I want to let it warm up to room temperature before I faff with it.

You should try popping some 35mm film into the Brownie, you'll get some lovely results from it.

Humberklog over on the Photography forum gets some fantastic results from his;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/neil_armstrong_jude/3573251095/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/neil_armstrong_jude/3573927228/

Just be sure to tell the developers not to cut the negs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I've got an old Nikon from the late 70's, it's an EM series. Haven't gotten round to using it yet though.

Handy tip;

Unicare chemists were given extra stock of what's know as 'free film' to give out to people that ask nicely! Pop in to any of them local to you and ask - There's folk around the forum that ended up with several hundred rolls free! It's only 200iso basic film, but it works, and it's free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Handy tip;

Unicare chemists were given extra stock of what's know as 'free film' to give out to people that ask nicely! Pop in to any of them local to you and ask - There's folk around the forum that ended up with several hundred rolls free! It's only 200iso basic film, but it works, and it's free!

Cool, I'll check that out.

Do you know where the best place is to get film developed in Dublin these days?

Dord wrote: »

Try a pharmacy or photo-shop...

Dord wrote: »

Best place in town is Gunn's - Opposite Whelans, or if you're near Blanch, the camera shop out there will give you a few bob off if you mention Boards.ie - And there's a chemist in Artane I think that'll do the same - Search for cheap processing film and you'll get a few results with people we've gotten deals with on the Photography forum!!

• Advertisement

Best place in town is Gunn's - Opposite Whelans, or if you're near Blanch, the camera shop out there will give you a few bob off if you mention Boards.ie - And there's a chemist in Artane I think that'll do the same - Search for cheap processing film and you'll get a few results with people we've gotten deals with on the Photography forum!!

****** Ahem there very good place in marrion square Repro if there still open old man used them for like 20 years tho when he found out i was devloping films on his account he got a bit mad :D;)

I was student :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement