Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bicycle repair in Balbriggan

Options
  • 20-08-2009 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Does anyone know of a bicycle repair shop in Balbriggan? Failing that, where's the nearest one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭thebiglad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Duncan Idaho

Thanks thebiglad, much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭gripcasey

Bike repair shop on top of Tesco. off High St

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mr. Razzcocks

gripcasey wrote: »
    Didn't know this was still going til last week!

Ah, memories of my pepsi bike:D

gripcasey wrote: »

Thanks. This would be very handy.

Any idea is it's any good i.e. reasonably priced, good service, etc.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Its been around 25+ years so it must be doing something right.

www.balbriggan.net/directory/hughdevlins.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

Hugh's an ex road racer and a pretty good racer in his day! Remember to support your local business in difficuly times like the present ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

For years as a kid I thought Hugh was called Bilko :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Nodster wrote: »
    Hugh's an ex road racer and a pretty good racer in his day! Remember to support your local business in difficuly times like the present ;)

Cant agree more. He is decent to deal with and gives out some sponsorship to local charities.

Great, thanks for the advice. Only a blow-in, so needed to be sure ;) I'll take my bike down this afternoon.

• Advertisement

Well, I was very impressed by the level of service. I needed the pedal and crank arm replacing, which was done in about 2 minutes. He also tightened the other one. And it was much less than I thought it would be. I'll certainly be going back! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Hugh and Colm are decent people.Level of service is very high and very prompt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 colm ó maonaigh

Have never been anything but impressed by their competence, level of service, knowledge and value for money.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

It used to be called Bilko's when it was a surplus army AND cycle store. I always assumed that the name Bilko came from Sargent Bilko the tv show from the 60s - in relation to him selling surplus army gear. think he still sells some surplus gear too.

Advertisement