Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'03 Landcruiser problem ...help needed

• 20-08-2009 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

i have a '03 landcruiser ( new model) it runs well but i have noticed that the engine has a kind of ticking sound as i drive it , particularly at medium to low revs , i think its a mechanical problem .... any idea what it might be ?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

i have a '03 landcruiser ( new model) it runs well but i have noticed that the engine has a kind of ticking sound as i drive it , particularly at medium to low revs , i think its a mechanical problem .... any idea what it might be ?:confused:

Diesel knock from injectors I reckon ,They are well known for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

check your oil level, my yoke gets like that if the oil runs a bit low!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭thetangler

If the sound is louder when the lcruiser is cold more than likely injectors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 happytractorman

the oil levels are fine and it seems to be there all the time , i had a feeling it might be the injectors alright, a mate of mine told me that there were problems with the injectors on the landcruisers but he wasnt sure if it was from '03 on wards or '05 on wards. thanks for the help .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,485 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

sounds like injectors. they're not cheap :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭thebull09

i could be the valve lifters , what kinda milage is up on it, try changing the oil you use from 5-w30 to a 10w40

its got 90k miles and its always serviced in a toyota garage , not sure what oil they are using

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

My 03 cruiser does the very same, especially when cold, doesn't seem to affect performance or fuel consumption though, it still pulls like a train. I thought if it was an injector fault it would be harder to start...

i think the same could be said of mine , pulls well and always starts easily. mine is automatic and does around 490 - 520 miles on a full tank , what is yours doing ?

Advertisement