Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woman's hair set on fire on board a train

• 20-08-2009 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭

This is awful :(:eek: It doesn't bear thinking about for me. Why would anyone do such a thing.

Sky News link

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

angel01 wrote: »
    Why would anyone do such a thing.

for shits and giggles, most likely. flaming disgraceful behaviour though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Luckily she wasn't harmed. What scumbags though, the girl did nothing except walk by them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

Looks like she got a little "hot headed"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Holy smokes:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭nix

My friend set a girls hair on fire in the plaza a couple of years ago, he didnt actually put the open flame in contact with her hair, but she must have had alot of chemicals/hairspray in her hair as when he waved the flame near her head in gest it just went up.

Funny thing is she didnt notice so my friend was trying to put it out without her noticing, flapping his hand, blowing on it. Those both failed so we just ran off pissing ourselves laughing.

But yeah setting peoples hair on fire isnt good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Shame for the other passengers. I hate the smell of burning hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

nix wrote: »
    My friend set a girls hair on fire in the plaza a couple of years ago, he didnt actually put the open flame in contact with her hair, but she must have had alot of chemicals/hairspray in her hair as when he waved the flame near her head in gest it just went up.

Funny thing is she didnt notice so my friend was trying to put it out without her noticing, flapping his hand, blowing on it. Those both failed so we just ran off pissing ourselves laughing.

Why on earth was your 'friend' waving a flame anywhere near her?
    and you ran off laughing after lighting a girls hair on fire...

scummy behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Although I generally approve of spontaneous tributes to the life of Michael Jackson, this one was a little obscure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Please guys, let's keep this thread free of jokes.

Absolutely no flaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Reminds me of an incident involving a local town bike giving a young lad a BJ on a bus coming from a night club( apparently there was an orderly queue to sit beside her for a few minutes) , some lads in the seat behind them decided to light her hair, as soon as she felt the burning, she automatically bit hard on the kids dick, ambulance had to be called, coz there was a lot of blood :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

galwayrush wrote: »
    Reminds me of an incident involving a local town bike giving a young lad a BJ on a bus coming from a night club( apparently there was an orderly queue to sit beside her for a few minutes) , some lads in the seat behind them decided to light her hair, as soon as she felt the burning, she automatically bit hard on the kids dick, ambulance had to be called, coz there was a lot of blood :D
    How would a bike give someone a BJ exactly? Was it put in the wheel or..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

And I thought it was just the Irish who had fiery hair

But yeah setting peoples hair on fire isnt good.

Your mates a fool and if any decent bloke had seen what he did he would have smashed the gob****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Scummy bast**ds.

WTF is wrong with people like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Scummy bast**ds.

WTF is wrong with people like that?

Probably mistook GBH for GHD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Could it be they just thought she was looking for a light and were being helpful and the whole thing went horribly wrong?

No?

Hey i didnt set the girls head on fire, fook sake chill the bap. My friend done it as a joke and it backfired.

Not my fault and im not gonna pat her on the shoulder to try and explain what happened in a loud nightclub, it would have escalated and i would have had my face smashed in :rolleyes:

So yeah running off seemed like the best option at the time, sure we done a lap soon after and you could hardly tell her head sparked up.

And my friends lighter was what he thought was a safe distance but no, her head was emitting flameable toxins. Half her own fault if ya ask me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Shame for the other passengers. I hate the smell of burning hair.

reminds me of the holocaust

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭c4cat

Hey i didnt set the girls head on fire, fook sake chill the bap. My friend done it as a joke and it backfired.

Not my fault and im not gonna pat her on the shoulder to try and explain what happened in a loud nightclub, it would have escalated and i would have had my face smashed in :rolleyes:

So yeah running off seemed like the best option at the time, sure we done a lap soon after and you could hardly tell her head sparked up.

And my friends lighter was what he thought was a safe distance but no, her head was emitting flameable toxins. Half her own fault if ya ask me :P

This was totally yr mates fault, and yr just as much an idiot for having mates that do things like setting people's hair on fire and having a laugh at that person's expense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Half her own fault if ya ask me :P

I think the only one that was a fault was your friends mother, as she did'nt abort the piece of **** when she was pregnant with him.

• Advertisement

I think your both prejudging, over reacting idiots, how do ya like them apples?

We were young, its was ages ago, no harm was caused except for a few singed hairs, it was an accident.

Get off your high horse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Nix - infracted & banned for 7 days, Reason - Personal abuse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

Surely the posts above #22 are worse than Nix's. Harsh

These lads are scum, we all know the types. They think they can get away with anything and do stuff like this to impress their buddies around them! Hope they press charges and he has this on his record for the rest of his life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

was she a flaming redhead?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Afros are a fire hazard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

murfie wrote: »
    You are correct. I was mobile at the time and didn't read all posts.

c4cat - infracted & banned for 7 days, Reason - Personal abuse

Pablomakiavelli escapes as an unknown un-named persons mother is hard to insult.

Despite being correct, on-thread back-seat modding is not the way to go, please use PM or the report post feature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

murfie wrote: »

These lads are scum, we all know the types. They think they can get away with anything and do stuff like this to impress their buddies around them! Hope they press charges and he has this on his record for the rest of his life.

Rats out :pac:

back on topic, I always knew Swedish birds were hot.

Advertisement