Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Pride

Options
  • 20-08-2009 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi All, Quick question about Pride this Weekend!

Where seems to be the place everybody is heading on Saturday night? Is the Black Box still the place the go?? Having trouble accessing the organisers, Brod Ireland site....

Thanks Guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

I thought it was Barna Beach myself?! :pac:
    Barna Beach Orgy

• Registered Users Posts: 30 high beam

Yes ....but i was wondering where to go Prior to Barna beach smart A**

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I didn't know anything was on but Google tells me
    Saturday the 22nd
    The parade will kick off at 2 p.m. (preparations from 1 p.m) at the Town Hall and in our never-ending search for a more flamboyant procession this year we're going for Mardis Gras stylings! All, of course, are welcome to join - and if you decide to do so; dress with colour!

Saturday night
    Come and see the spectacular Rose of Pride pageant kick off at 9 p.m. at the Blackbox theatre - with special contestant Katherine Lynch (in character).

Our celebrity judges are Twirley Chassis (Ms. Alternative Ireland 2005), Sharon Arseburn and the Double Ds: Doodle Dande and Daisy Dripps. Your MCs for the night are Misses Regina George and Anya Climax followed by DJs the Divalicious boys until late!

Katherine Lynch will be filming another night of material for her new show so who knows, you'll have a chance get on the boob-tube AGAIN!

I could access brodireland without problems http://www.brodirelandwest.ie/events.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Why people feel the need to have "gay pride" parade is beyond me tbh.

What purpose does it serve only to shove peoples sexuality in other peoples faces?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Bob_Harris wrote: »

What purpose does it serve only to shove peoples sexuality in other peoples faces?

Oooohhh matron.

kennethwilliams.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Bob take it to Humanities or some other forum.
    If you can't help, don't post.

This is the second gay thread in this forum in recent time and the second time ppl start moaning/making stupid jokes.
    Get 2009 or gtfo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Magnus wrote: »
    I didn't know anything was on but Google tells me

I could access brodireland without problems http://www.brodirelandwest.ie/events.html

That's mostly not happening as far as I know. Or might be organised but there'll be nobody there.

The Warwick is where everyone is going on Saturday night and the GPO is what's organised for Friday.

There are two groups trying to organise Pride this year but as far as I know, people will not be going to Black Box and I've also heard that Katherine Lynch isn't coming either. The guy who has booked the Black Box etc is going to be in deep financial **** by the sounds of it.

Warwick etc is where everyone is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

kraggy wrote: »
    Warwick etc is where everyone is going.

Don't think I will, but thanks for the invite. Have a nice weekend though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Ya - apparently there are essentially '2 Prides' - 'Galway Community Pride & Brod Ireland West' The latter is the one run by the guy who had the money issues, and the former seems to be the takeover pride by the Gay community. Oh intrigue! :p
    Isn't there a parade on Sat?

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Don't think I will, but thanks for the invite. Have a nice weekend though!

I didn't invite you. I didn't even say I was going myself.

inisboffin wrote: »
    Ya - apparently there are essentially '2 Prides' - 'Galway Community Pride & Brod Ireland West' The latter is the one run by the guy who had the money issues, and the former seems to be the takeover pride by the Gay community. Oh intrigue! :p
    Isn't there a parade on Sat?

Yup, http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/15853.

All details there folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 high beam

After some reading on the net, it seems that all the talk is about the black box and no mention about warwick?? If its the place to be surely it would be advertised more??? Just hope the long trek to salthilll is not one in vain:rolleyes:

The details are in the link above. It was in the advertiser today.

Advertisement