Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone driving Shannon Airport-> Galway tomorrow (friday) night?

Options
  • 20-08-2009 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

My flight arrives at 20.40 and the next bus leaves at 20.55, the next one after that isn't til after midnight so I'm sh*ttin' a brick in case I miss the bus and have to wait at the airport for almost 4 hours, which is quite likely. I don't suppose anyone is driving back to Galway at around that time and wouldn't mind giving me a lift? I'd repay with eternal gratitude and a few quid for petrol... chances are slim, I know, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Alternatively would it be a bad idea to hold out a cardboard sign and beg a lift while I'm there? :)

Comments

I would be passing Shannon most Friday evenings on my way back form Cork but I'm almost sure I have to do a bit of work this weekend as we have a big deadline next Monday so probably wont be heading back this weekend. I'm not 100% sure yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I would be passing Shannon most Friday evenings on my way back form Cork but I'm almost sure I have to do a bit of work this weekend as we have a big deadline next Monday so probably wont be heading back this weekend. I'm not 100% sure yet though.

I wouldn't ask anyone to go out of their way :) but cheers for mentioning it

I was talking my boss there and it looks like I will be waiting down here for the weekend. Sorry I couldn't help out.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

In any other country in the world the bus schedule would fit with the flight schedule. Anyhoo, hope you made your way back to Galway without a four hour stopover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 phancydan

Could you get into limerick and then a bus from there? Shannon airport is a bit of a joke. never will understand why they don't run trains between galway, shannon, limerick, tralee and cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

phancydan wrote: »
    Could you get into limerick and then a bus from there? Shannon airport is a bit of a joke. never will understand why they don't run trains between galway, shannon, limerick, tralee and cork

The western corridor is due to open "sometime" and will connect Sligo to Limerick and hence to Cork and Tralee (AFAIK).

Advertisement