Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best bank for students

Options
  • 20-08-2009 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hey, I was thinking of getting a bank account(!) as I'm starting college this year. As I haven't a clue about anything bank related(!!) :confused:i was hoping someone could advise me what the best deal is for students. All I really want is an ATM card so I won't have to carry cash. not interested in credit cards or any of that. Does it cost anything to get/use an ATM card? Thanks!!!!:D

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Bank of Ireland and AIB are good student banks. Both generally have branches either on college campuses or very near (walking distance) to them. They also have offers on around this time of year to entice students, so you can get goodies like free flights or call credit and the like if you open an account. There's a government duty of €2.50 per year for an ATM card. Both banks offer free banking to students, so it won't cost you anything to use the card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭arthistory

Thanks a mil. I just downloaded a form for an AIB student account as there is an AIB branch on my campus. :)

Advertisement