Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fathers birthday present

Options
  • 20-08-2009 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

What do ya get a man that has everything? His main interests are golf, Liverpool, food and music! I hate getting someone vouchers, I like to put some imagination into it and I'm thinking about golfing lessons. But any ideas would be appreciated! :D I cant spend much, maybe up to 50e.

Btw, I'm not sure if this thread is posted in the right place, apologies if not! :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

how about a dvd on the history of liverpool form its humble beginingd to today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Buy a wicker basket, fill it with things he enjoys for instance you could get him a very nice bottle of wine or two. Maybe a compilation CD of his favourite genre, some nice food items (my old man likes cheese so we get him a selection of them, maybe some paté). You could get him a new golf glove or some other small golfing parephernalia, maybe a liverpool pin. Put it all in a Wicker basket and give it to him. It shows that you know what he likes and that you took the time to get him all these things.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from AH

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Undertow

bleg wrote: »
    Buy a wicker basket, fill it with things he enjoys for instance you could get him a very nice bottle of wine or two. Maybe a compilation CD of his favourite genre, some nice food items (my old man likes cheese so we get him a selection of them, maybe some paté). You could get him a new golf glove or some other small golfing parephernalia, maybe a liverpool pin. Put it all in a Wicker basket and give it to him. It shows that you know what he likes and that you took the time to get him all these things.
    fintonie wrote: »
    how about a dvd on the history of liverpool form its humble beginingd to today

Aye, couple of nice ideas there, especially the latter! Cheers folks. I'm just after thinking of an excellent present a few mins ago... a golfing lesson from a Pro! Cheers for your help guys, that might come in handy for future presents... ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Tony255

why not combine the two they have liverpool golf club covers in most good golf stores something like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Liverpool-golf-club-driver-headcover/dp/B0012U3SRY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Undertow

Tony255 wrote: »
    why not combine the two they have liverpool golf club covers in most good golf stores something like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Liverpool-golf-club-driver-headcover/dp/B0012U3SRY

Aw excellent idea, I didnt know these could be got! Fantastic! :D

Advertisement