Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

College essentials?

• 20-08-2009 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Heading off to UCD next month, and I need to go shop for a few essentials. Any suggestions for a lady such as myself trying to look good and casual on a budget?:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

UCD eh?

Fake Tan, Hairspray in your oversized bag, Pumps/Uggs/Retro 90's trainers, long cardigans, vests, skinny jeans and a D4 accent is what you'll need!!!!!!

:pac:

Just stick to your usual style, don't try and impress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭aonfocaleile

I recommend a few pairs of jeans and nice tops which are suitable for daytime and casual evening pints. And comfortable shoes! Nothing worse than tottering around campus in pain. Also, a good "sensible" coat for winter. By sensible I mean that it should be warm and fit you properly and won't get destroyed if it gets wet. You WILL get rained on moving between lectures/bus stop/college bar/ etc. But as donegalgirl2 said, stick with your own style and whatever you're comfortable in. Anything goes really at college.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Comfortable bag for hauling books/laptop/notes around in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

A good coat and a good pair of boots that can be worn day or night, formal or informal, with dresses or trousers will get you far. Riding boots or other tall flat boots in brown rather than black are your best bet, along with a woollen knee-length coat in a sade that suits the colours you like best e.g. camel if you wear a lot of pastels, grey if you wear a lot of black, bold red/purple/etc. if you wear darker colours and white if you dress like you went for a roll in a rainbow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Get a schoolbag! Roxy and quicksilver do nice ones. Trust me... lugging a laptop/notes/books around in your handbag is torture on your body, and ruins your handbags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Get a schoolbag! Roxy and quicksilver do nice ones. Trust me... lugging a laptop/notes/books around in your handbag is torture on your body, and ruins your handbags

Couldn't agree more! I don't understand why girls carry their books/laptops in a shoulder bag (or worse still, showing off their books coming out of the library..you're no brainbox love, if you had some sense you put your books in your bag)

Your back will be wrecked. buy a good backpack and use it. Trust me!

Oh and a rainjacket and decent brolly..altho I am from Galway where that's a necessity all year round!

Pay out on nice and good shoes too, none of this penneys lark...

Be yourself under all of this :)

Advertisement