Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW CORK IT MMA CLUB - TRAINER WANTED

Options
  • 20-08-2009 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hey, Gonna try and set up an mma club in CIT this year,

Our aim will be to train once possibly twice a week, and after christmas get in contact with other colleges that have mma clubs and try and organise some fights.

We need a trainer, some one who can make it to CIT out in bishops town,

sessions can run betweens the times 6-10 so its very open, the sooner we get talking the sooner we can talk to the college and the better time slot we'll get.

experience of BJJ, thai boxing, boxing, you know your self.

trainers are paid by the college.

PM or leave a comment

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Hi,

Just as a reccomendation, I think it would probably be best to just get a BJJ coach or similar and concentrate on that. They might be easier to come by and then you could also supplement with some kickboxing or whatever. I've said this before to some degree of fanfare but there are not too many people out there who can coach MMA, but there certainly are a lot of people who will take the college's money and say they can.

Contact Pedro Bessa BJJ in Cork, Liam Beechinor is the coach down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Liam_B

but there certainly are a lot of people who will take the college's money and say they can.

Never a truer word said there...Roper.

If your looking for a Brazilian Jiujitsu Coach , Your more than welcome to drop me a mail. basebjj@yahoo.com. I can help out the College there.
    If your not interested , I'd recommend you check out the credentials of anyone your thinking of getting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

I don't think there are any MMA clubs in Cork so finding a MMA coach could be pretty difficult I'd say. It's hard to train new people in train MMA in any real sense if you're only doing it once or twice a week anyway, you might be better off concentrating on BJJ/Sub Wrestling as Barry said.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Liam_B

Just for info.....We're a Brazilian Jiujitsu and submission Wrestling club primarily, but we've had a good few guys in the MMA league in the past with success as well mma show in past. but We're primarily a Jiujitsu club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 omen2323

bump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Francis Galvin

as said earlier, u'll have a tough time finding anyone who excells equally well in all 3 ranges so the best advice is to prob find someone who excells in bjj and work from there. i'd highly recommend bjj brown belt liam, especailly when he's so close to u.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 omen2323

Yeah, thats what i had in mind the whole time.

Iv emailed liam now so just waiting to hear back

Advertisement