Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical Engineering Round 2 Points

Options
  • 20-08-2009 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi, I recently recieved my points and I found out that I got 340. The course I wanted to get on was Science which is now 385 at UCD. My 2nd choice was Electrical or Electronic Engineering which was 350 at UCD. Is there any chance that in Round 2 Electrical or Electronic Engineering could fall to 340. If anyone has any views or opinions please let me know. Its really wrecking my head.

Thanks very much

paddy54321

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 paddy54321

any ideas or opinions would be very helpful...?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

You may get it, you may not. It is in the lap of the gods.

If you want to start college asap maybe see if IT Tallaght has empty capacity. They run an electrical engineering course that is low on points but of a high standard.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

paddy54321 wrote: »
    any ideas or opinions would be very helpful...?

Elec & elec needs a C3 in higher maths, you got that with your 340?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 paddy54321

Seifer wrote: »
    Elec & elec needs a C3 in higher maths, you got that with your 340?

yes i do. i have all the subject requirements just not high enough leaving cert points

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

There's no way of predicting what will happen, same that everyone knew science would go up and law/engineering/architecture would generally go down but not by the amounts they did

You might get it on the 2nd round or the 3rd,4th,5th, 6th or 7th or not at all, sorry to be blunt but that's the reality

• Advertisement
Advertisement