Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolfe Tones GFC in Meath ? Never ?

Options
  • 20-08-2009 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

I notice on a thread here where:D someone suggests that Louth GAA club Wolfe Tones' pitches are in Meath. Surely this cannot be true, does anyone know for sure, they are close to the boundary that I do know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

as far as i know the platin rd is the boundry. they are on the louth side. (so ther's no need to have a heart attack :D) avourwen the estate directly across the road is in meath

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Stealdo

Have a look at the map here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055628820&page=2

Platin rd is not the boundary, Avourwen actually straddles the boundary, there were two separate planning applications involved as a result you'd find them by searching the louth cc and meath cc websites. Judging by the map Wolfe Tone's is in fact in Meath, but it's not that unusual for teams to play across a county border.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Agree its in Meath, but the calibre of football played is defo louth football.

Advertisement