Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon G11

• 20-08-2009 5:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭

I see that Canon have announced the new G11, interesting that they have reduced the sensor resolution to 10MP, maybe because the LX3 has been stealing most of their thunder, perhaps the megapixel wars are coming to an end and image quality will become the selling point again.

Looks as if it has a nice twist and tilt LCD screen too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

nilhg wrote: »
    I see that Canon have announced the new G11, interesting that they have reduced the sensor resolution to 10MP, maybe because the LX3 has been stealing most of their thunder, perhaps the megapixel wars are coming to an end and image quality will become the selling point again.

Looks as if it has a nice twist and tilt LCD screen too.

Yeah it's an interesting one all right, another reason could be because a lot of people actually preferred the G9 to the G10 because of a perceived superior image quality.

The S90 also looks sweet, its like the un-ruggedized version of the G11, completely manual mode, two clicky control wheels that can be assigned to anything you want, and an F/2 lens at the wide end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

didnt they only just release the G10 .... crikey - anything to make more money from people that want the latest gadget.

any update on Canon 60D or 1D mkIV or 6D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I think the G10 is two years old now, if not a bit more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

I think the 6D is now a 7D. There are (fake?) pictures of a 7D floating around the web.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Think I will be sticking with my G9 for a while yet. The G10 was just out when I bought it in November 2008.

• Advertisement
Advertisement