Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting items abroad...

Options
  • 20-08-2009 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Hey, I'm not sure if I've posted this in the right place, if not maybe the moderator could move it?

Anyway, I thought some of you would have better knowledge with this than I do, but how exactly do I post something abroad? I've never done it before, so I'm pretty much clueless
    I'm sending an Irish flag all the way to Colombia, so I'm assuming it's going to be complicated:pac:

I'd appreciate any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Not complicated at all!
    Wrap it up well (I recommend in a plastic bag or zip-loc back against moisture, then packaging paper or a small box), write the address clearly on it with a biro or other pen that doesn't run if it gets wet. Put your address in the top left corner on the front, or on the back. Bring to post office. You'll need to fill otu a customs form, stating what it is and how much value it has, and pay whatever it costs to send it. Done!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Jay Pentatonic

Cool! Thanks a million!:)
    Just out of curiosity, how come I have to write down my address?, is it in case something goes wrong they can just send it back to me or something?
    Ha ha, told you I've never done this before! :pac:

yeah, in case something goes wrong, or they open the package at customs and find that there isn't just a flag in there but also something prohibited such as meat products, ivory, drugs or whatever. You should realy put your return address on anything you send, even a letter to the next street over, just in case.

Looking at this: http://postage.anpost.ie/ Your flag parcel will probably cost about 10.40 euro to send and be there in 7-9 working days (though it can take longer in rural areas).

yeah, in case something goes wrong, or they open the package at customs and find that there isn't just a flag in there but also something prohibited such as meat products, ivory, drugs or whatever. You should realy put your return address on anything you send, even a letter to the next street over, just in case.

Looking at this: http://postage.anpost.ie/ Your flag parcel will probably cost about 10.40 euro to send and be there in 7-9 working days (though it can take longer in rural areas).

Advertisement