Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Millennium Falcon from Hasbro

Options
  • 20-08-2009 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

I got this awesome toy about a year ago and I still love it. It cost €200 in my local smyth's toy store, but I don't regret it one bit. It's a really massive improvement over the old 1979 Kenner Falcon from back in the day, with a lot more features and a very movie accurate interior. The problem with old Falcon is that you could'nt create any movie accurate scenes from either 'A New Hope, Empire or Jedi' due to it being way too small and not have and again the inside being too small. Obvisouly it's not 100% to scale with the 3/34" action figures, it measures 2.5 feet in length and is just over a foot and a half wide. If it was to be in exact scale it would be have to be 4.5 feet in diameter. Even so it's still a very impressive piece and weighs in at 16 pounds comparison to the old Falcon which weighed about 3 pounds.

Here are some pictures:

Cockpit
    WhatsthatFlashing.jpg
    Cockpit.jpg

Interior
    Interior.jpg
    LuketrainingontheFalcon.jpg
    ANewHopeScene10.jpg
    ANewHopeScene5.jpg

Size Comparison to the old 1979 Kenner version
    SizeComparison4.jpg

I must be one of the few in Tallaght who collects both vintage and new stuff, and has a sizable collection worth about €7000 or €8000. Did anyone else buy this ship and if so what do you think of it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

Wow, the size difference is fairly significant alright isn't it.

But what do you think Neph, is the Hasbro rendition almost too big to play with??

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

Wow, the size difference is fairly significant alright isn't it.

But what do you think Neph, is the Hasbro rendition almost too big to play with??

Thanks for replying, I thought no one was going to reply to this thread. It's definitly way too big for kid to fly around the house, and it's almost still too heavy for an adult as well, after all it is roughly around between 15 and 17 pounds. I think Hasbro designed it as a stationary piece, so that you can put your figures into it, and create scenes from the movies. Even I have difficulty putting back up on my shelf at times. But it is truly worth getting, and it totally blows the old Falcon out of the water completely. I think it's around €190 in smyths toystore at the moment, and if you have the money I would get it if I was you. Here is a few more pics:

Another side by side comparison
    http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u22/FOTN/New%20Falcon/OriginalFalconNewVersion.jpg

Back of Box
    http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u22/FOTN/New%20Falcon/millenniumfalcon.jpg

Hyperdrive
    http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u22/FOTN/New%20Falcon/Back2.jpg

Chewie And Han

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u22/FOTN/New%20Falcon/FrontCloseup.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Tordelback

It's a thing of beauty alright, especially the cockpit with its four swivelly chairs. Also love the 'escape pod', movie-inaccurate though it be. The only problem I have with mine is where the hell to put it? It's been occupying a large chunk of my soon-to-be-baby's-room office, and it's way too big for any shelves I have. I'm considered mounting it on u-brackets on the wall - hey, if Han can piggy back on a Star Destroyer, why not?

Tordelback wrote: »
    It's a thing of beauty alright, especially the cockpit with its four swivelly chairs. Also love the 'escape pod', movie-inaccurate though it be. The only problem I have with mine is where the hell to put it? It's been occupying a large chunk of my soon-to-be-baby's-room office, and it's way too big for any shelves I have. I'm considered mounting it on u-brackets on the wall - hey, if Han can piggy back on a Star Destroyer, why not?

I hope that works out for you, and it does'nt fall off.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭yank_in_eire

I have one as well, still in pristine condition in its original unopened, unstamped box safely tucked away in a secret location in Colorado!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

I have one as well, still in pristine condition in its original unopened, unstamped box safely tucked away in a secret location in Colorado!;)

Yoink! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MetalDawg

Lovely! Great looking ship

MetalDawg wrote: »
    Lovely! Great looking ship

Thanks. It's well and truly worth getting.:)

It's definitly way too big for kid to fly around the house, and it's almost still too heavy for an adult as well, after all it is roughly around between 15 and 17 pounds. I think Hasbro designed it as a stationary piece, so that you can put your figures into it, and create scenes from the movies.

Dude I had a go off of one the other day. Man you were right. This is no toy. Waaay to big for a kid, even an adult. As you say, it's more a stationary piece, but a real nice one at that.

Dude I had a go off of one the other day. Man you were right. This is no toy. Waaay to big for a kid, even an adult. As you say, it's more a stationary piece, but a real nice one at that.

What did you think of it overall, and do you think it's one of the most movie accurate versions of the falcon yet?

• Advertisement

What did you think of it overall, and do you think it's one of the most movie accurate versions of the falcon yet?

I didn't get as close a look at it as I'd like, but ya man, looked pretty accurate. Overall, very very nice. Cockpit looked impressive in particular. Slightly too big perhaps, but just slightly. And pricey too for what is essentially a plastic toy. But a huge improvement on its predecessor imho. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

I didn't get as close a look at it as I'd like, but ya man, looked pretty accurate. Overall, very very nice. Cockpit looked impressive in particular. Slightly too big perhaps, but just slightly. And pricey too for what is essentially a plastic toy. But a huge improvement on its predecessor imho. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

No problem. I also thought I'd let people on here know that the new Falcon has been reduced from €200 to €130 in Smyth's Toys. I'd also snap this excellent piece up before they hike the price up again.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

the price of the falcon is £74.99 in toy'r'us in spurcefield at the moment. thats around 84/85 euro. get it now if you can. I live in dundalk so its about an hour away from me but worth the jounery for the savings.

soups05 wrote: »
    the price of the falcon is £74.99 in toy'r'us in spurcefield at the moment. thats around 84/85 euro. get it now if you can. I live in dundalk so its about an hour away from me but worth the jounery for the savings.

Thats a very good price, but I don't regret the €200 I paid last year for it. The only problem with with big vehicles/playsets like the Falcon is that most people will wait until they are on clearance and this ultimately kills getting more big vehicles/playsets down the line like a big AT-AT, Slave 1 or Imperial Shuttle.

Advertisement