Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

DOE and Insurance cover

Options
  • 20-08-2009 6:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm very sorry if this has been answered before. I searched and couldn't find and answer, so hopefully someone here might know.

Basically, I own a peugot 206 carvan. I was involved in an accident where the other driver is liable. My car was a W/O and am looking to get the value of the car reimbursed.

I am worried however, as the car was not DOE'd. The reason is, because I use it for private use and pay private tax. Will I still be covered by my(or his in this case) insurance policy??

I would really appreciate anyone here's input who knows anything about this grey area.

Cheers in advance,
    Joe

Advertisement