Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i need a compact camera

• 20-08-2009 6:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

I don't know where to begin :(
    My gf wants to buy a new camera, but i don't want her buying a **** one that'll wreck her head. So i look to you guys, for advice on a product with a few parameters.
    Budget is about 150 euro,
    Megapixels are irrelevant, less is more imo, it's a camera for nights out and parties in, and holiday photos.
    A rechargeable battery is important, but if there's nothing out there with that option, i'll comprimise.
    And user friendly software, as in it's shot in jpeg for easy file transfer and upload to bebook/myface.

Hope you guys can help,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Read the stickey at the top of the page: Link

I think any camera would suit you, Pretty much all P&S cameras have the abilitys you described, go to any shop, they'll give you demos and you'll know which one is easiest for you/GF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

I have this:

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/885709/art/fuji/finepix-f100fd-silver.html

Bit more than your budget but it takes great pics in all conditions. Also, enough manual over-rides to be useful. Good zoom. My second compact Fuji and I don't think you could go wrong. I can post some pics from it if you like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

See my reply over here.

Still think its a great little P&S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

We bought this one in PC world for € 129 and it is brilliant and easy to use . Its a Kodak M1033 .. Check it out .

M1033_1555.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

Hey, before you spend your money take a look here: www.cameralabs.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement