Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abbotts Ale House or Twins O'Brien?

Options
  • 20-08-2009 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭

Well going for some pints now tomorrow after the Munster match and feel like imbibing some speciality beers as I am a special person or so my mam tells me. I am tired of the Bierhaus and Franciscan so would anyone advise which pub of the two above in the thread title that they prefer? Also would anyone have a clue of what is on tap in either of the two pubs.
    Perhaps there is also another pub that serves a more unusual selection of beers that I can't think of so if you know any then please put it down here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

I'd go for abbot's ale house anyway, they change what they have on tap every so often so I can't be sure. Plus they've got that cracking off licence. Then again I'd just go to the Bierhaus, and drink myself stupid on Bock :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Abbotts by a country mile for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Definitely the Abbott's - possibly because I've never even heard of the Twins O'Brien (where is it?). Last time I was in they had on tap:
    Bavaria
    Weinheinstephan Vitus. I think.
    Maredsous 8% bruin.
    Gets kinda blurry after that.....

Actually while I'm here - anyone know of a pub in Waterford city with a decent selection of foreign beers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

Actually, does anyone know what bars exactly have late hours over the weekend? I know that most pubs have been granted extended licences for this decades festival. Are the franciscan well and abbot's included?

Advertisement