Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IFA

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

TMC121 wrote: »
    Ask the IFA what do they want changed.
    Why? Aren't they capable of articulating their needs perfectly well without my help?
    What do you think it needs to changed?
    Is the IFA agenda clashing with other interest groups?
    The IFA agenda has nothing to do with shooting or shooting interests. If it did, they would have weighed in six to ten months ago when the worst stuff was being said about us by elected representatives and by extension the most draconian parts of the CJMPA were bieng formulated. And I haven't read anything in their statements about any of the stuff that was enacted there.
    I believe in common sense and a workable format.
    Do you think this legislation is workable. Are we heading for a Canadian style disaster with thousands of unlicensed firearms?
    You need to be more specific as to what you think is wrong. I'm sick to the back teeth of explaining stuff to people who don't want to understand, so let's hear your take on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Is the IFA agenda clashing with other interest groups?
    TMC, the IFA agenda is orthogonal to those of shooters in general.
    They aren't "on our side", they're not even on the same field. They're off looking to get the contract to do the interior decoration on the manager's office, that's all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭TMC121

I'm sick to the back teeth of explaining stuff to people who don't want to understand
    What makes you believe I don't want to understand?
    Just for the record I comprehend the current firearms legislation and it's impact on me personally.

The IFA may just be just covering there ar*e and not inline with the shooting sports. But after all that is done they are the ones in the papers and on the media re the new licensing laws.
    The guidelines from the commissioner re licensing may provide clarity on this issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭PJ Hunter

well frick that, five frickin years! what are yeah at now - tinkering - at the form. the great unwashed are say'in back to the classroom lads and write, I must do better x 250,000 times license. [minus the great washed olympic guns to nearest zero. ]
    the greater, unwashed get it at last. like it or lump it, but not the kyber pass! nooooo - no rrpc.:eek:

one form, one license for all guns.:)

no looking in your drawers but - ask- whats up doc, are they sound or what. Thats it.:(

please sir. any time to under stand the guidelines before I sign the thing. (A) yes sir, here is an extended extension! take your time, no hurry sir. :)

renew in 3 years. apply / renew. what is it.

The most profound effect on the firearms legislation was and always will be from people with big mouths and nothing between their ears. 2,000 signed the petition circulated at the Irish game and country fair-enough.
    yup. do di dee da doo.

PJ Hunter wrote: »
    well frick that, five frickin years! what are yeah at now - tinkering - at the form. the great unwashed are say'in back to the classroom lads and write, I must do better x 250,000 times license. [minus the great washed olympic guns to nearest zero. ]
    the greater, unwashed get it at last. like it or lump it, but not the kyber pass! nooooo - no rrpc.:eek:

no looking in your drawers but - ask- whats up doc, are they sound or what. Thats it.:(

please sir. any time to under stand the guidelines before I sign the thing. (A) yes sir, here is an extended extension! take your time, no hurry sir. :)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭G17

rrpc wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Em. +1? :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

PJ Hunter wrote: »

The most profound effect on the firearms legislation was and always will be from people with big mouths and nothing between their ears. 2,000 signed the petition circulated at the Irish game and country fair-enough.
    yup. do di dee da doo.

+1 PJ, at last the Rep is speechless.

Sikamick

Sikamick wrote: »
    +1 PJ, at last the Rep is speechless.

Sikamick
    Absolutely Mick, still ROTFLMAO :D

Of course, you aren't man enough to admit you were wrong, just do the usual play the man and not the ball.

Funny how you had a go at me for castigating the IFA, but you wouldn't dream of doing the same with Sparks who holds the same views as me?

Explain your hypocrisy there please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭TMC121

We are here looking at the situation, where is all this going?
    Some posts behind the IFA and there appeal to the Government to change the legislation (maybe for the own interest, maybe not) Some posts saying it's to late, the ship has sailed.
    If the IFA are successful in their approach, change occurs, if not we haven't lost anything and the told you so posts can ring true.

It seams to me the IFA are going ahead with approaching the government.
    Lobbying for change.
    It's a wait and see.

Some posts behind the IFA and there appeal to the Government to change the legislation (maybe for the own interest, maybe not) Some posts saying it's to late, the ship has sailed.
    If the IFA are successful in their approach, change occurs, if not we haven't lost anything and the told you so posts can ring true.

Lobbying for change.
    It's a wait and see.
    I think it's banging on drums for the sake of making noise. But yes indeed we'll see.

And for the record I'm furious that when help was needed it wasn't forthcoming and now that to all intents and purposes help will get us nowhere it's there in spades.

It's beyond the eleventh hour, so I think it's posturing.

Love to be proven wrong and I'll be the first in line to say well done if even one line of legislation is changed for the betterment of shooters.

Can't say fairer than that now can I?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Can see the press and media having a good day on this one.
    .FARMERS UP IN ARMS FOR ARMS. FARMERS MARCH ON DAIL FOR GUNS& EU GRANTS TO VOTE YES TO LISBON:(:(..

FFS Thats all we'd need!!We gunowners didnt take to the streets.When we could have..To highlight the inequity of this legislation.Now our agricultural betheren want to block up the capital[the traditional IFA/Farmer protest mode] or our major cities for gun liscensing???
    Farmers have the worst PR,and public sympathy in Ireland,and jumping on an emotive issue like firearms....
    Lets try to put out the petrol depot fire by spraying it with Naplam shall we????:eek:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

Can't see a march on the Dáil on this issue - maybe on REPS there will be but not a march for a simpler form. They'd be laughed out of it like Phillip Boucher-Hayes laughed at Bernard Phelan in the radio interview.

Being asked to name a couple of referees and your doctor so that they can be asked for their opinion should the need arise in return for getting a gun license just isn't one of the big public issues of our time. The IFA won't even lobby in any serious way. Otherwise why do the silly radio interviews?

They've simply slept on this and now they want to make it sound like they are protesting another dastardly central government action against their members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭PJ Hunter

Lobbying for change.
    It's a wait and see.

+1:)

yup. do di dee da doo.

Advertisement