Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does getting in UPC broadband interfere with their TV package?

Options
  • 20-08-2009 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭

I've recently moved into a new place a few weeks back and anyways we're getting cable - the basic channels. Assumed landlord was paying for the NTL however he said that he wasn't but he figured that the last tenants had it and forgot to cancel or something.

Anyways we're not thinking of getting in UPC broadband however we're wondering what might happen our channels? we're not sure if ex tenants are still paying for it, or cancelled and it wasn't cut off or whatever and no bills have come from UPC since we moved in a few weeks ago.

Really want to get their broadband don't want to screw up our tv situation!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Unless you tell UPC you don't want the TV you can be billed from when you moved in since you are taking the service.

There is no free Cable TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭boardsie08

Thanks watty didn't know that, better get it sorted so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Steviemak

When I moved into my apartment UPC had set me up the basic channels. It was a new apartment. I actually went with Magnet but when I ceased with them UPC still had my basic turned. But I wanted digital so I called them. I told them that the basic was on and their response was that they do that in apartments to tempt customers and then switch them off after a certain period.

So in some cases there is free cable. If its a UPC policy I wouldn't worry about you stealing cable or anything like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭boardsie08

Thanks for that Steviemak, that's a relief to know that it just may well be that then!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Puppy dog

• Advertisement
Advertisement