Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few questions...

Options
  • 20-08-2009 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

The fee for my MA is 5250 euro. I just paid a 500 euro deposit so does that mean I have now 4750 left to pay?

Also is it possible to pay the fee in two seperate installments?

And, lastly, is there a seperate registration fee or is this inclusive?

David

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭V480

Anybody????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Ask the college?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Hefty MA fees are almost impossible to escape and need swift payment... unless you can get them waived through means-test.

Partial payment is only acceptable, as far as I know, if it is a part-time course (half first year, 2nd half next year) - so probably no-go for you :(

You can stall payment if you have to as far as I know, but it is not approved by UCD and you will not get a student card... but you might still be able to register (this is just from talking to one or two people I know from a year or two ago, don't know if it actually works in practice).

But if you are looking for good news I'm afraid there is very little.

P.S.... I don't think registration fee is needed as well, but student centre levy will certainly be (don't blame me- I voted against it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Yeah thats the fees as you dont get "free" postgraduate level education. You pay 2500 or so each semester and you can push it... like I did

And obligitory "fee" dig I worked two jobs through my MA to pay those fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭procure11

Hey OP...

I got admission at UCD for the Msc Project management course but decided not to take it up because the fees were almost 10k and I live in the south west so I also factored the accommodation expenses...simply unaffordable.

Coming to your question..I was given the opportunity to pay in two instalments...September and January.This is in the Smurfit Business school...I dont know your dept ,they could have a different system but it would be very good to make it your business to contact them and ask...you never can tell...they may be able to let you pay instalmentally.

Best of luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement