Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

family politics/impartiality in broadcasting

Options
  • 20-08-2009 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

i wonder did anyone else notice that in this mornings tubridy radio show, ryan tubridy managed to hold a debate on nicknames (an unusual topic, and well presented) in which he namechecked several famous irish people, and their monikers - including including haughey - without mentioning the most famous nickname in irish political history: 'todd' andrews?
    the former FF minister was named in honour of a cartoon character he bore a striking resemblance to.
    [font=&quot]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Andrews
    todd andrews, is, of course, ryan tubridy's granddad, but i have yet to hear the new late late show presenter make mention of his family's tungsten FF links during any discussion on his shows touching on politics or current affairs. and he has been on air with programmes for about 6 or 7 years now. [/font][font=&quot];)[/font]
    [font=&quot]i am sure this hasn't gone unnoticed within rte.
    an occasional brief health warning would suffice. his family is his family, and it shouldn't disbar him from his job, but surely a viewer or listener should be informed of the facts?[/font]
    Tagged:

Advertisement