Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heads up, Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

OMG that looks like a great big ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Random wrote: »
    OMG that looks like a great big ...

...Johnson, come take a look at this hurricane.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭hatetherain!

thanks for the heads up!.....I'd do anything for a bit of sun!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

So are we just gonna get the green bits then?

Oh and which is worse..the purple or red bit? Poor portugal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Looks like the corss sectionf of the profile view of a womb.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

"Tropical Storm Force Wind Speed Probabilities"
    Even at it's closest distance to Ireland it's 5%. But it's about 20 Degrees of longitude away.
    Am I missing something? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

feck, I'd better go tie down the cows

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

And this is different from our normal weather how?

Edit: It might be slightly warmer rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

It might bring in a few Yanks :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Edit: It might be slightly warmer rain.

Wooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

anniehoo wrote: »
    So are we just gonna get the green bits then?

Oh and which is worse..the purple or red bit? Poor portugal!

ehh, it's going west..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Nice one!
    I work on a building site full of random debris..when it gets windy it gets exciting. Never know what's gonna kill you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

thanks for the heads up!.....I'd do anything for a bit of sun!!!
    You're understanding this wrong...
    jumpguy wrote: »
    "Tropical Storm Force Wind Speed Probabilities"
    Even at it's closest distance to Ireland it's 5%. But it's about 20 Degrees of longitude away.
    Am I missing something?
    It means, by the time it passes under greenland it will be downgraded from a tropical storm, but by Irish weather standards, still pretty effing mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Our weather is so boring. What I wouldnt give for a mental storm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Grimes wrote: »
    Our weather is so boring
    Are ye serious? Today alone, i went from umbrella and jumper to sunglasses and sleeveless top every half hour...it was nuts. Irish weather is anythin but boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I don't mind as long as I'm not killed by flying debris. Especially by a storm called BILL:mad:. If I'm going out it should be by a hurricane with a tough name.

Possible newspaper headline:

Dean09 was ripped to shreads and splattered everywhere by Hurricane Chuck Norris. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

I love storms. I love it when the wind blows so fiercely that you're not sure if the roof is going to stay on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

We best take the roads in so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭yank_in_eire

You guys are getting all worked up over nothing. I lived smack in the middle of the US East coast for the first 29 years of my life and I can remember a handful of tropical storms/hurricanes that affected us and 1 we had to evacuate the house for (Hurricane Gloria - 1985).

Nobody bats an eye when you get 100mph winds in this country, and as for rain, if you're not used to that by now........:rolleyes:

So sit back in your nice, block-constructed houses (unlike our stick-built ones that blow over in a gentle breeze) and have a nice cup of tea. Watch some videos with your friend or significant other. Do a load of laundry. Paint your toenails. Bake a cake. Do something but don't sit in expecting the weather equivalent of Armageddon.:P

• Advertisement

You guys are getting all worked up over nothing. I lived smack in the middle of the US East coast for the first 29 years of my life and I can remember a handful of tropical storms/hurricanes that affected us and 1 we had to evacuate the house for (Hurricane Gloria - 1985).

Nobody bats an eye when you get 100mph winds in this country, and as for rain, if you're not used to that by now........:rolleyes:

So sit back in your nice, block-constructed houses (unlike our stick-built ones that blow over in a gentle breeze) and have a nice cup of tea. Watch some videos with your friend or significant other. Do a load of laundry. Paint your toenails. Bake a cake. Do something but don't sit in expecting the weather equivalent of Armageddon.:P
    That and the Weather Channel sensationalises... Well, everything. Not that I can blame them. Hurricanes aren't your typical irish evening gusts, either. Average cost of damages and Death Tolls being what they are ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

WE DIDN'T LISTEN!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

So sit back in your nice, block-constructed houses (unlike our stick-built ones that blow over in a gentle breeze) and have a nice cup of tea.
    Yeah I never quite understood that bit. Why in the world do they build timber frame houses in places affected by hurricane season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Oh noes! Wind and rain is on its way to our shores?!??!!!

Im putting a cover over the BBQ, right after i stockpile on suitable clothing

Blowfish wrote: »
    Yeah I never quite understood that bit. Why in the world do they build timber frame houses in places affected by hurricane season?
    They build cheap houses everywhere. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

It might bring in a few Yanks :pac:

...probably just a few of their various cheese laden snacks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

It's not unusual for old hurricanes to end up over north western Europe. Only time it might actually be interestingly windy is if it's an old hurricane late in the season. Might bring some heavier rain than usual perhaps if it came over us but it wouldn't last long.

And some massive waves for my teenage pastime.

Wavedodgin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

SV wrote: »
    Nice one!
    I work on a building site

Congratulations :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

ill be on my holliers.enjoy the breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Monkey_Pirate

Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

We need clearance, Clarence!

We need clearance, Clarence!

Shirley you cant be serious

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭redorblack

Blowfish wrote: »

Obviously before they grew up to be builders (jobseekers now) the parents never read them the Three little pigs at bedtime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Grimes wrote: »
    Shirley you cant be serious

I am serious and stop calling my Shirley, we need to get this man to a hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Oh Good Lord!

We're all going to die.

/sobs hysterically for a few hours

• Advertisement

Update in OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I'm looking forward to this. Might wake up early on wednesday to appreciate lying in bed all the more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

Hah, my graduation ceremony is due to take place in Limerick Wednesay morning, this should make things exciting, even if it is just windy there'll be caps and gowns blowing all over the place!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Ah shyte, I jsut remembered that my roof leaks when it rains really heavily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

This tracking has it coming into the coast of Ireland at 2am Wednesday morning as a tropical depression. 39-73 mph winds. Rough enough.

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200903_5day.html#a_topad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

murfie wrote: »
    This tracking has it coming into the coast of Ireland at 2am Wednesday morning as a tropical depression. 39-73 mph winds. Rough enough.

I thought tropical stuff was meant to be fun. Like starbusts and reggae.

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    I thought tropical stuff was meant to be fun. Like starbusts and reggae.
    More like Castaway when Wilson dies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

"I thought the hurricane season was over!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭Dartz

I'm going to climb up on my house roof and watch the lightning.

Yes it's a metal ladder and I'm aware of the dangers, but I'm shooting probabilities here. If I do get zapped, it's not a Darwin award because the chances of being struck by lightning are still infinitessimally small as to be inconsiderable. 10 times a really small number is still near enough zero to make no odds at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

WTF, I thought this had already passed us over the weekend? There's still that to come? :(

I couldn't sleep most of the weekend with the rain belting off the metal shed roof that's outside my window.

Advertisement