Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Birthday Phil

• 20-08-2009 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭

Surprised i havent seen any threads dedicated to the guy...:(

It would have been Phil Lynott's 60th birthday today, had his life not been tragically taken away by drink and drugs.

Took a good listen to Live and Dangerous this evening - my god, its still the dog's bollix!

So anyhow, happy birthday Phillo :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FmPhJkdTwU

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Surprised i havent seen any threads dedicated to the guy...:(

It would have been Phil Lynott's 60th birthday today, had his like not been tragically taken away by drink and drugs.

Took a good listen to Live and Dangerous this evening - my god, its still the dog's bollix!

So anyhow, happy birthday Phillo :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FmPhJkdTwU

:rolleyes: thats ridiculous...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

:rolleyes: thats ridiculous...

Em.......why?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Yeah saw this on my calendar thing in work...Happy Birthday Phil!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭dasdog

Some of Philo's later studio demos and the full demos for Thunder & Lightning were posted on another forum with birthday wishes conveyed. I've practically doubled my Lizzy collection in the past couple of years with unreleased and bootleg material (Grand Slam/Greedies/Solo stuff also).

well... i just found it silly to say he was tragically taken by drink and drugs.

its hardly tragic. People werent forcing the drugs and drink down his throat.

dont get me wrong, he was an incredible musician. But had he not been so talented, he would have been just another drug addict/alcoholic and it wouldnt have been "tragic" at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Mick Shrimpton

But had he not been so talented, he would have been just another drug addict/alcoholic and it wouldnt have been "tragic" at all.

Christ, you have to learn the meaning of tragic. It doesn't just apply to death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Yeah heard about this on the radio yesterday. It's mad to think that he was only 36 when he died considering the amount he contributed to music in general.

Christ, you have to learn the meaning of tragic. It doesn't just apply to death.

Thanks for that.

I'm well aware it doesn't just apply to death.

I'm sorry, but I don't think rockstars filling themselves full of drugs and drink and then dying as a result is particularly tragic. If you could explain to me how it is, I am all ears. Actually, this isn't the place for it really. Il start a different thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Actually, this isn't the place for it really. Il start a different thread.

Thank **** for that.:rolleyes:

You could have just said happy birthday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

Happy Birthday Philo.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

happy birthday phil

had a few celebratory remembrance beers in Brux last saturday. Heard a very emotional speech from Philomena lynott.. remembrance videos, live music etc. A fitting tribute to one of irelands greatest musicians.

Advertisement