Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For those who have bought or sold recently..

• 20-08-2009 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

There was a similar thread in the Accomodation and Property forum and it was very interesting. Those who have bought cars recently can you post what the asking price was and what price you reached a deal on. I know every sale is different but it might give an idea of how much of a discount can be gotten, or might be expected if selling.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

Asking price 6250, paid 5000 cash with no warranty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 luckyD

advertised to sell at 3,500 sold for 2,500. advertised to buy at 21,000, paid 15,500. (i know it seems like a big drop but no way car was worth asking, still got a good deal though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

Asking price 800e sold it for 750e.

I reckon with lower priced cars people won't let it go for much less than the asking price as they're making sweet crap all anyway!

Always worth bargaining though!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,027 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Buying - advertised for £12,000 - I paid £12,000 - (no haggling permitted).

Selling - advertised for €1,250 (low price intended) - sold several hours later :) for €1,250 and gave buyer back €50 'luck penny'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

It really doesn't work like that, i'm afraid. The amount of discount you can give or get is determined wholly by the competitiveness of the asking price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Very much depends on supply and demand.

Asked €6950, had 12 enquiries and 5 offers in 3 weeks, and let it go for best offer which was €6500.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭rocky

would be better to specify the make/model also...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Asking 4700, paid 4700. I didn't attempt to haggle as the car is worth what it was offered to me for.

Advertisement