Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BS from Sky

Options
  • 20-08-2009 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,285 ✭✭✭✭

Watching TV this morning and Sky went out. No bill in sight I called up Sky to see what was happening and they informed me I hadn't paid my bill, I told them no bill arrived and they said if I wanted the channels back right then I would have to pay my 50 euro bill.

Went and got a 50 euro 3v voucher and phoned them up to pay, payment accepted then I was informed I had to pay next month in advance, some new thing they were starting if you missed your bill. So she told me another 30 euro would unlock the computer or something and I could get my sky back. So I go get a 30 euro 3v voucher, pay it and I was informed i was fed false info and I needed to pay the full 50 for the next month and the 30 wouldn't cover it. I got pi**ed and hung up.

What is this crap about having to pay next month in advance if you miss payment?. I didn't even get my bill ffs. Ridiculous that Sky expect you to cough up all that money with the way the world is today, and on a Thursday. :mad:

Just a heads up for anyone out there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,078 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Watching TV this morning and Sky went out. No bill in sight I called up Sky to see what was happening and they informed me I hadn't paid my bill, I told them no bill arrived and they said if I wanted the channels back right then I would have to pay my 50 euro bill.

Went and got a 50 euro 3v voucher and phoned them up to pay, payment accepted then I was informed I had to pay next month in advance, some new thing they were starting if you missed your bill. So she told me another 30 euro would unlock the computer or something and I could get my sky back. So I go get a 30 euro 3v voucher, pay it and I was informed i was fed false info and I needed to pay the full 50 for the next month and the 30 wouldn't cover it. I got pi**ed and hung up.

What is this crap about having to pay next month in advance if you miss payment?. I didn't even get my bill ffs. Ridiculous that Sky expect you to cough up all that money with the way the world is today, and on a Thursday. :mad:

Just a heads up for anyone out there.

The day that Sky becomes a registered charity, the devil will be ice-skating in hell.

Until then, direct debits are the best option.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

They require you to pay another month at the same time as you are supposed to be paying a month in advance. If you miss payment and get cut off, they will charge you for the existing month and the next so as to return to the "month in advance" situation. Thats my understanding of it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Sky generally don't issue paper bills unless you order an extra service on top of your regular viewing (PPV movie etc..). Direct debits are really the only option when dealing with Sky.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

penexpers wrote: »
    Sky generally don't issue paper bills unless you order an extra service on top of your regular viewing (PPV movie etc..). Direct debits are really the only option when dealing with Sky.

If you log on to your Sky account, you can tick the option for paper billing each month.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,285 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I've been with sky for over 10 years now and have received paper bills all that time.

Finally got my TV back tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭di2772

They wanted to charge me €100 to fix my sky box.

I canceled and they called back and they fixed it for free and gave me 4 months free subscription too.

I read about that on another forum and it worked a treat.

Sky are losing customers to freesat by the bucket load. So play this to your advantage when they want money off you.

Advertisement