Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cars damamged in Ferrybank Friday night. More Info...

• 20-08-2009 9:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭

Some cars were damaged Friday night, in Ferrybank up near the church, thought WLR had a story today about the vandals being caught.

Was I hearing things?

Also some retail outlets were vandalised Monday maybe the arrest were related to this.

Can't finds anything about it on the usual websites.

Anyone know?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

A bit of a write up in this weeks News & Star
    Vandals wreak havoc in Ferrybank
    By Gillian O’Neill

THOUSANDS of euros worth of damage was caused in Ferrybank at the weekend when mindless vandals went on a smashing spree wrecking cars, shop windows and even a bus.

Gardai are said to be following definite lines of enquiry into the spate of attacks which took place on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night.

On Monday morning staff at Spar, Mulligan’s Chemist, The Keogh Practice, Ladbrokes and Terry Rogers Bookmakers all arrived to discover varying degrees of damage to their shopfronts. A number of windows were completely shattered while others had severe dents and chips suggesting that they had been struck repeatedly with a hard object.

Across the road, in the Bus Eireann depot, a coach had to be taken out of service after numerous windows were smashed as it sat parked overnight. Sgt. Larry Langton, Waterford Garda Station, confirmed that CCTV from premises in the area was being examined but said he could not confirm if the culprits had been identified.

However, a staff member from one of the outlets targeted by the vandals told the Waterford News & Star, that the attack had been captured by cameras and a group of young teenagers were responsible.

http://www.waterford-news.ie/news/story/?trs=mhkfcwauql&cat=news

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Young teenagers aye? Always a crowd of em hanging as you take the road down towards Abbey Drive in a car park. Saw them getting searched the other week. Was wondering why the bus station had security present the other night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

hanging is too good for these toerags imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

lol...a little bit harsh i think.

You'd have to wonder what goes on in their heads though. Can a group of people together not have on person with a conscience (although I watched the accused again recently and that gave me little hope). Maybe it was some kind of idiotic innitiation?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

lol...a little bit harsh i think.
    ?

Good point maybe, how about people make **** of their stuff so they know what its like to have expensive things broken on them

After all its only fair :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Cabaal wrote: »
    Good point maybe, how about people make **** of their stuff so they know what its like to have expensive things broken on them

That's more like it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 nyquist

Cabaal wrote: »
    That's a great idea. I'd even add to that if they committed the crime again with this. Instead of wasting time with the formalities of giving them a suspended sentence, which is like a business card to these guys amongst their peers to show how bad they are, how about putting them on display in stocks for the whole city to see (with no hoodies). I put money on it they would be so humiliated and ashamed of themselves they wont do it again. Plus it would save us the taxpayer loads of money. Even if they do go to jail they only end up learning new stuff and harden up even more cause they have to show their alpha maleness to the other inmates when we just want them to come out a better person and hope they wont do it again....... catch 22.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

AFAIK, tow young lads aged 11/12 have been arrested for this, don't think they can be prosecuted as they're too young ? Little scrotes broke the windows on the parish priests car as well, who happens to be one of the nicest men you could meet.

If they're this bad now, imagine what they'll be like in five / six years ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

think what normally happens in situations like this is that the parents will be fined and will have to pay for all the damages.Of course what this means is they can turn around and say we can only pay 5 quid back a week and its as much as letting the little ***** off scot free.Then they learn that they can get away with pretty much anything and get progressively worse.

Advertisement