Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are niteclubs too loud?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

coyle wrote: »
    Yeah because the coolest thing in the world is to get the head blasted off ya, stand in the corner getting langers until ya have enough dutch courage to not care about making a tit of yourself on the dancefloor, and then vaguely try to chance every bird in a 6 foot radius. :rolleyes:

Jaysus, in this day and age, it is actually possible to set the amps at different levels, i.e. quiet around the dancefloor and loud on it, t'aint rocket science! Im not mad about night clubs, their dwellers and the associated music, but even if im in a place with my type of music, if its blastin it still does my t1ts in and is absolutely unnecessary.

If you want a chat go to a pub. People know nightclubs will be loud, if you dont like it loud then avoid niteclubs, you can usually hear the music well away from the door so your warned in advance I just dont see why people would go in if their going to whinge about it being too loud. Loud goes hand in hand with Nite clubs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Yes, yes and yes again.

But for that matter, most pubs are too loud with blaring soccer matches, or music or, more usually, both on at the one time. The more noise, the more we drink, apparently. Such is the patronising logic.

Nothing like a good chat over a pint where you can hear the person and they can hear you. Simple, but very rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

If you want a chat go to a pub. People know nightclubs will be loud, if you dont like it loud then avoid niteclubs, you can usually hear the music well away from the door so your warned in advance I just dont see why people would go in if their going to whinge about it being too loud. Loud goes hand in hand with Nite clubs.

Well ive not been to a night club in donkey's years, so im far from whinging, but would it not make more sense for everyone to have a quiet seating area and a loud dancefloor?

Think about it, the sh1t cool people like yourself get to have the music blasting around the dancefloor, the obviously dull and boring people like me get to sit around and have a chat, and the nightclub get more people in (read:more money)

What's the problem like?

Rebelheart wrote: »
    Yes, yes and yes again.

But for that matter, most pubs are too loud with blaring soccer matches, or music or, more usually, both on at the one time. The more noise, the more we drink, apparently. Such is the patronising logic.

Nothing like a good chat over a pint where you can hear the person and they can hear you. Simple, but very rare.

Deffo agree with ya there, fcukin tellys and jukeboxes blarin everywhere ya go. I honestly dont get the attraction (and never did past about the age of 16) of goin to any place with your mates, and being drowned out by inane music so loud that ya cant hear yourself think, dont mind what anyone else is saying. But i suppose its just one more thing on the list of sh1t that we all just tolerate and dont complain enough about, and so nothing ever happens to change it. C'est la vie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

It's all gonna change soon...new health and safety guidelines means that clubs will have to remain within a certain decibel level. They will all have to be fitted with sound limiters.

Well ive not been to a night club in donkey's years, so im far from whinging, but would it not make more sense for everyone to have a quiet seating area and a loud dancefloor?

Think about it, the sh1t cool people like yourself get to have the music blasting around the dancefloor, the obviously dull and boring people like me get to sit around and have a chat, and the nightclub get more people in (read:more money)

What's the problem like?

Deffo agree with ya there, fcukin tellys and jukeboxes blarin everywhere ya go. I honestly dont get the attraction (and never did past about the age of 16) of goin to any place with your mates, and being drowned out by inane music so loud that ya cant hear yourself think, dont mind what anyone else is saying. But i suppose its just one more thing on the list of sh1t that we all just tolerate and dont complain enough about, and so nothing ever happens to change it. C'est la vie!

Lets just agree to differ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Volume seems to be proportional to the quality of the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

Lets just agree to differ.

Fair enough, but do ya see anything wrong with my plan? I understand that nightclubs are loud, that's why i actually cant remember when the last time i went to one was, but whats the problem with loud/quiet areas? I know for a fact that it's technically possible, in fact, its pretty much technically trivial.
    Volume seems to be inversely proportional to the quality of the music.

fyp!

Fair enough, but do ya see anything wrong with my plan? I understand that nightclubs are loud, that's why i actually cant remember when the last time i went to one was, but whats the problem with loud/quiet areas? I know for a fact that it's technically possible, in fact, its pretty much technically trivial.

fyp!

Well I dont suppose there would be a problem with what your suggesting but I suppose the noise doesnt bother me, probably just because Im used to it really. It wouldnt bother me if what your suggesting was put into play, I suppose the problem I have is people just complaining about them being too loud as the norm is that most nightclubs are loud and to me its like going to kfc and complaining about all the chicken on the menu. But I can see where your coming from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Salvelinus

The less you talk, the more you drink.

• Advertisement
Advertisement