Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCT Enforcement

• 20-08-2009 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭

So since the clamp down and general hysteria about the NCT, what has been peoples experience of the law and expired NCT certs?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

No experience, my wife drove for 4 months with an out of date disk. No roadside checks, no ANPR hits, never came back to the car to find a fine under the wiper...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

I was pulled over the other day, and about three weeks ago. Both times I was asked if I had the car booked in, since the car has been out of NCT since March. I explained that I didnt have it booked in, due to putting some money together to replace my cracked windscreen. Both guards accepted this and just asked to get it booked in, because some guards might not accept that. My car isnt falling apart and i wasnt taking the mickey at the time either, so the guards didnt seem to mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

ottostreet wrote: »
    I was pulled over the other day, and about three weeks ago. Both times I was asked if I had the car booked in, since the car has been out of NCT since March. I explained that I didnt have it booked in, due to putting some money together to replace my cracked windscreen. Both guards accepted this and just asked to get it booked in, because some guards might not accept that. My car isnt falling apart and i wasnt taking the mickey at the time either, so the guards didnt seem to mind!

ahh the old cracked windscreen trick.. that got me through a few check points too :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

A work colleague of mine was pulled for speeding, she didn't have the NCT, he just said to book it and bring in a cert within 10 days.

He didn't seem to care she was driving under a learners permit without a fully licensed driver with her, or that she wasn't displaying L plates:rolleyes:

Have gone through two checkpoints, car has never had an nct as I imported it, waved through both after tax and insurance check, guards didnt even come to the window to talk to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I bought my current car 2 months ago and have been driving around with no tax or NCT since then cause theres a problem with my log book (it got lost and now is taking ages to come through :rolleyes:). I've been stopped at a few checkpoints and once I explained this I always just got sent on my way with no hassle.
    On another note, is it just me or does there seem to be less checkpoints about recently than normal??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

Dean09 wrote: »
    On another note, is it just me or does there seem to be less checkpoints about recently than normal??

I was thinking that too, but then there was a rash of checkpoints and speed traps about 2 weeks ago... i'm in cork

Advertisement