Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waxing in Cork?

Options
  • 20-08-2009 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Going to bite the bullet and go for my first brazilian wax soon!! :eek: Can anyone recommend a good place to go for that in Cork? Somewhere that isn't too pricey as well!! Couldn't see any thread geared towards waxing in Cork but if there is, feel free to direct me that way!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

citywax would be your best bet, they are out near mahon point. they use lycon wax as well. not that cheap though i guess - but very good.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Citywax are fantastic. They're in Bessboro Heritage Park, off Skehard Road. Check out www.citywax.ie. They even have TVs in the rooms with shows like Gossip Girl onto help distract you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

My friend gets her Mary done in Susan Ryans and says they are excellent. I go to thalgo in ballyphehane and I find them great but I don't get a brazilian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nic2009

there's a place in douglas called asana, they use this special lycon stuff, its unreal! think they might open late too???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

moved from tLL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

City wax are great as they use lycon (you don't want strip wax getting near your sensitive bits!). Another great one (which is more convenient for me in city centre) is the wax boutique http://www.thewaxboutique.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Johnnyjump

Ouch!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

another vote here for www.citywax.ie !
    Highly recommended

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 gogsy

never heard of citywax....i got mine done in the radisson and got to use all their spa etc after.....a nice treat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 claire6000

I got a hollywood done in wax boutique, it was brill. not that sore at all I was delighted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I just go to Sam McCaulys in Douglas Court. My girl there is amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

The things women do . And even some men now .....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

Source Health and Fitness are very good

Faith wrote: »
    Citywax are fantastic. They're in Bessboro Heritage Park, off Skehard Road. Check out www.citywax.ie. They even have TVs in the rooms with shows like Gossip Girl onto help distract you.
    I was watching About a Boy there the last day.Great film. They're amazingly thorough (I didn't even know I had hair on my baby toes) and use Lycon too. I guess that it's becoming standard now, is it? i wouldn't go back to regular wax!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 suzie_q

Big fan of the wax boutique http://www.thewaxboutique.net/ too, virtually no pain. Love the idea of the tv too something to distract you :D. Plus work nearby and get 10% discount

• Registered Users Posts: 49 murraymar

After many years of horrific waxings I can't recommend the Wax Boutique enough. A friend recommended it and I can't thank her enough. Lovely atmosphere, lovely salon and most importantly I'd go as far as saying practically painless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Heather1983

Agree, huge fan of wax boutique on Penrose Wharf www.thewaxboutique.net, the lycon wax really really doesn't hurt (in comparison to normal wax, that is), they're really nice there and the place itself is gorgeous, and it's not too pricey!

I haven't been able to get out to citywax in ages, and I was in town, so I went to Yves Rocher. Bloody hell, I'd forgotten how painful waxing can be! Ow ow ow! I nearly walked out half-fuzzed.
    I'm writing this to remind myself not to go back there!

The place on penrose wharf sounds good too though. Might try that another time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Ruby21

+1 for Asana in Douglas! http://www.asana.ie/index.htm

Went to CityWax a few times, had a painful bad experience just before going on holiday with the boyf and never again!! might just have been the girl cause had been there a few times before and no problems but wouldn't go back!

Love the Asana girls, much better value and they're open late :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Personally I go to city wax but really I suppose any where that uses lycon wax shouls be similar. Id never go back to regular waxing now.. really almost painless.

• Advertisement
Advertisement